Author Topic: Model competes for the most inappropriate funeral attire award.  (Read 4131 times)

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
Re: Model competes for the most inappropriate funeral attire award.
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2014, 11:14:50 AM »
She might as well be wearing a sign that says, "Look at MEEEEE!!!"

In fact, she is. Very tacky IMO.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

aussie_chick

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2014, 05:21:43 AM »
I couldn't believe the "it was the only black dress I brought with me" line in response.
so you don't have a black dress? Either a) wear something else in a different colour that's more appropriate or b) stop into a store on the way and buy a black dress, black suit, black whatever, or whatever else fits you and is appropriate for the occasion or c) don't attend the funeral and catch up with your 'date' after the service.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2014, 08:38:57 AM »
 It's not like there were no stores- she's in Sydney. She wanted to be noticed, and she has been.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2014, 08:44:11 AM »
And not in a good way, either.

MissRose

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 11:26:28 AM »
The dress is way too revealing and attention getting.  She could have gotten a little black dress that covered up a lot more of her bosom and still could have gotten attention.

Aquamarine

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 01:11:21 PM »
Its all about meeeee, look at meeeee, take my picture, take a selfie with meeee, look at my outfit!  Its like they think the dead guy is just a prop for them to get attention.  Nice people don't do this.
Always be polite, even to nasty people. Not because they are nice, but because you are.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 08:16:38 PM »
Your date is surely rich enough to buy you a tasteful black dress - or at least a black jacket to wear over what you had on that would make it somewhat more tasteful.

At least it's not a strapless red sequined dress slit to the hip - because Jessica Rabbit's dress is about the only one I can think of that would be worse at a funeral.

Although I suppose a corpse could get away with being buried in any favorite outfit...
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

greencat

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2014, 09:50:43 PM »
The worst part is that's not just a dress - that's a corset worn over a dress that probably would have been okay (it's knee-length!) if the corset wasn't pushing her chest out the top of the dress.  The shoes are really racy for funeral wear.

My cousin came to our grandfather's funeral wearing a tiny black cocktail dress and sky-high club-style wedges.  She wasn't the most inappropriately dressed person there - that honor is probably evenly split between two male attendees.  I suspect one guy wore the only black clothing he had that fit - a t-shirt and a pair of gym shorts.  The other man wore what was probably the only suit he owned - a spectacularly shiny silver number.  It was clearly club-wear meant to grab attention, and just as inappropriate as the model's dress (and my cousin's.) 

JadeAngel

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2014, 10:08:49 PM »
Add the fact that (as you can sort of see from the photo) Edelstein has dyed his hair in 'Tiger' stripes (Hafey played for a club called the Richmond Tigers whose club colours are yellow and black - Edelstein has attempted to dye his hair in yellow and black stripes) and what you have are two attention grabbing nitwits showing little to no respect for the deceased but instead using the event of his memorial service to advance their own cause and yes it's quite disgusting... as is Geoffrey Edelstein

greencat

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2014, 11:09:43 PM »
Ugh.  I just scrolled down all the way to the bottom of the article and abruptly noticed all the accessories she's wearing - leather gloves in the heat, that huge statement necklace, the giant leather bow in her hair, the bright red purse, the enormous bracelets.

The tiger stripe thing is very silly.

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2014, 11:13:34 PM »
It looks like a badly-disguised dirty French Maid outfit, for heaven's sake.  Who brings a date to a FUNERAL??
"After all this time?"
"Always."

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2014, 11:22:38 PM »
Ugh.  I just scrolled down all the way to the bottom of the article and abruptly noticed all the accessories she's wearing - leather gloves in the heat, that huge statement necklace, the giant leather bow in her hair, the bright red purse, the enormous bracelets.

Although I think the dress was inappropriate , if not for the ginormous bracelets, ring (over black leather gloves) and necklace , hair bow , red purse, too small platform shoes (seriously your toes should not hang over the tops of the shoes)red lipstick and corset (if removable) visible bra straps, she may not have come off "LOOK AT ME!!!!ARE YOU LOOKING ? IF NOT YOU SHOULD BE LOOKING AT ME !!!" she would have just looked like a women with large breast and a too low cut dress.

greencat

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2014, 11:41:29 PM »

Although I think the dress was inappropriate , if not for the ginormous bracelets, ring (over black leather gloves) and necklace , hair bow , red purse, too small platform shoes (seriously your toes should not hang over the tops of the shoes)red lipstick and corset (if removable) visible bra straps, she may not have come off "LOOK AT ME!!!!ARE YOU LOOKING ? IF NOT YOU SHOULD BE LOOKING AT ME !!!" she would have just looked like a women with large breast and a too low cut dress.

I suspect that the dress by itself is nice.  Looking at the close-up shots you can tell the corset is not part of the dress - in other words, she intentionally chose to enhance her cleavage. 

TeamBhakta

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2014, 01:05:35 AM »
She's dressed more appropriately for one of Charlie's funerals on Two And A Half Men (neither one work safe):

3:17
http://youtu.be/nxuhOS3UduY

http://youtu.be/tEb2sTgUtB0
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 01:08:02 AM by TeamBhakta »

JadeAngel

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2014, 02:01:50 AM »
It looks like a badly-disguised dirty French Maid outfit, for heaven's sake.  Who brings a date to a FUNERAL??

Someone who just divorced his previous blonde trophy wife and is trying to make a point...