Author Topic: Mexican Lasagna  (Read 433 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Mexican Lasagna
« on: May 20, 2014, 02:51:06 PM »
Quick and easier than enchiladas.

Ingredients

1 lb lean ground beef, browned and with a small amount of taco seasoning added during cooking
8 corn tortillas, lightly toasted over medium heat in a dry skillet
1 cup shredded cheese
12 oz tomato sauce
2 Tablespoons Chili Powder, adjust to taste
1 can pinto beans, drained

Sour cream and avocado, as desired for serving. I used an 8" square casserole dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a small saucepan, heat the tomato sauce, stir in chili powder and pinto beans until hot. Ladle a 1/3 of sauce over the bottom of the pan. Lay four tortillas in a single layer, you will have some overlapping. Place half of ground beef on tortillas, ladle 1/3 of sauce over ground beef. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Lay the remaining four tortillas, remaining ground beef, remaining sauce and cheese on top. Place in preheated oven and set a timer for 20 minutes. Serve.

Snooks

Re: Mexican Lasagna
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 04:21:43 PM »
Thank you very much, sounds yummy.  I will be trying that with the beef I have in the freezer.

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 04:31:22 PM »
We call this enchilada casserole. 
I live in Texas and a grocery store clerk gave me a hint once that is very good.  Heat a little oil in a pan (I use an omelette pan) and put the tortillas in one at a time for a couple of seconds on each side.  It keeps the tortilla nice. 

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 04:38:12 PM »
I dry toast them, but a little oil has the same effect. I can't believe how much the texture changes due to the application of heat.