Author Topic: Have you ever been the non-invited guest?  (Read 11013 times)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
Re: Have you ever been the non-invited guest?
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2014, 08:23:02 PM »
A few years ago I was supposed to be joining a friend of mine at his friends house for a Halloween party I was supposed to arrive first and he was heading there later. I accidentally went to the wrong home introduced myself as Eric's friend and start chatting having fun even helping set up the bar. Uhm I was two doors down from the correct party . Opps.

I've met some of my best friends that way :)  It's also much easier to get away with it when you are 18 and stupid :D

Alicia

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2014, 08:49:15 PM »
A few years ago I was supposed to be joining a friend of mine at his friends house for a Halloween party I was supposed to arrive first and he was heading there later. I accidentally went to the wrong home introduced myself as Eric's friend and start chatting having fun even helping set up the bar. Uhm I was two doors down from the correct party . Opps.

I've met some of my best friends that way :)  It's also much easier to get away with it when you are 18 and stupid :D
  sadly I was in my late twenties.  On bright side I looked Hot in my costume so I figure super hot gal at party is rarely a negative.  It was one of my most sexy costume ever.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2014, 09:57:06 PM »

sadly I was in my late twenties.  On bright side I looked Hot in my costume so I figure super hot gal at party is rarely a negative.  It was one of my most sexy costume ever.

LOL :D

TeamBhakta

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2014, 01:29:47 AM »
Sort of. In jr high sunday school, I received an invitation to someone's birthday party. The birthday girl was the nicest, sweetest person in church and her family was the nicest one in church overall. Unfortunately, I was not friends with her. I mean, we had been in the same sunday school classes since we were 5 and would make polite random comments to each other. But we weren't friends or anything. She'd never invited me to a party before. I suspect her mother incorrectly thought "Some people might feel left out if you don't invite every girl."

I felt completely out of place at her party, since she and all the other girls from church went to school together or ran in the same circles. I really had nothing of interest to contribute at the party, even though the girl and her mom made sure everyone felt welcome, fed, etc. I didn't sew, know anybody they were talking about and I wasn't a frilly girl girl. So yeah, it sucked being the random pity invite. I would've rather been not invited in the first place  :P
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 01:36:13 AM by TeamBhakta »

lowspark

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2014, 11:45:24 AM »

Ya gotta tell us the rest of the story.  :)
How'd you finally figure out it was the wrong party and what did you say when you left?
And did you tell the people at the right party what had just happened?
I find the whole thing so funny!

bloo

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2014, 10:15:07 AM »

Ya gotta tell us the rest of the story.  :)
How'd you finally figure out it was the wrong party and what did you say when you left?
And did you tell the people at the right party what had just happened?
I find the whole thing so funny!

Yes, please share! That is so cute and funny!

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2014, 05:18:29 PM »
Sort of. In jr high sunday school, I received an invitation to someone's birthday party. The birthday girl was the nicest, sweetest person in church and her family was the nicest one in church overall. Unfortunately, I was not friends with her. I mean, we had been in the same sunday school classes since we were 5 and would make polite random comments to each other. But we weren't friends or anything. She'd never invited me to a party before. I suspect her mother incorrectly thought "Some people might feel left out if you don't invite every girl."

I felt completely out of place at her party, since she and all the other girls from church went to school together or ran in the same circles. I really had nothing of interest to contribute at the party, even though the girl and her mom made sure everyone felt welcome, fed, etc. I didn't sew, know anybody they were talking about and I wasn't a frilly girl girl. So yeah, it sucked being the random pity invite. I would've rather been not invited in the first place  :P

Are you me in a parallel universe?

TeamBhakta

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2014, 06:57:44 PM »

Are you me in a parallel universe?

That depends. Did you ever almost spin into a glass figurines shelf during pin the tail on the donkey ? Or wondered what would happen if you brought up "Oh hey, I collect baseball cards." :P
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:59:25 PM by TeamBhakta »

greencat

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2014, 11:18:28 PM »
I did almost the same thing as Alicia - I knocked on the door and was let into the wrong neighbor's house.  Fortunately, the neighbors whose house I walked into were the rest of the guests going over to the house next door (I was one door off in the townhouse) and it all worked out fine, although we were all a bit confused.

I have been let into several houses/apartments whose doors I knocked on in error, actually.  A lot of places around here are impossible to tell apart in the dark.