Author Topic: S/O Restaurant bill shenanigans: Dear Prudence Third Letter 05/29  (Read 14369 times)

ccnumber4

Re: S/O Restaurant bill shenanigans: Dear Prudence Third Letter 05/29
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2014, 01:52:38 AM »
This could be a whole mean girl set up. If it is the LW is better off rid of them. I went to HS and was on drill team with a girl that did this. She didn't just look at me - she told to waiter that I was picking up her bill. I smiled and told him no I wasn't. She then launched into how I had committed social suicide backed up by her minions. I literally laughed in her face. I had my own transportation from the event because I didn't trust her and my parents had told me to never be a passenger in her car. The MeanGirl and minions did try to make my life miserable - I kept laughing at them. Then they ticked off my cousin C, and basically shot themselves in the collective foot.

Told my parents about trying to stick me with the bill (could effect Dad's relationship with restaurant) - and Mom's reaction was like mother like daughter. MeanGirl's Mother and My mom were part of the same civic club. MeanGirl's Mother tried to stick my Mom with the bill at an expensive sea food place. Mom went to the "ladies room" sent a waitress back to get her 2 friends that were driving with her. They settled their bill, and Mom told the owner's adult son who was managing at the time that the others were trying to stick Mom with the bill and left.

Owner called Dad to tell him the follow up. MeanGirl's Mom and her minions didn't have a way to pay the bill and tried the we are so important you will just forgive us our bill tactic. They were informed find a way to pay, or we will call the cops and have you arrested (bill was over $75 for each of them). MeanGirl's Dad had to come pay the bill and he wasn't happy, and did the "We will never darken your door again" threat - which was met by no you won't because you are banned.

Dad never had to socialize with MeanGirl's Dad but knew him by reputation as a cheat and fraud.

Senior Year MeanGirl's mom was supposed to be a chaperon to Scotland and England for the drill team. When asked for the $$ for her tickets and accommodations she informed the school they would be paying for the honor of her presence on the trip and making up the difference between what her daughter raised and what she owed. Nearly scuttled the entire trip because a. The school wasn't going to pay her way and b. we were required to have 1 chaperon for every X students. Fortunately another family stepped up and that Mom was able to take her place. Then MeanGirl's Mom tried to get another girl, Melanie, kicked off the trip.

Melanie's father had died of a massive heart attack at the beginning of the year. He was a young man for such a heart attack. The family was thrown for a loop financially (They had been doing the right thing saving for college and retirement, but he as in mid to late 30's) A group of parents that included my parents went to the school and made arrangements for some of our fundraising to go into her account, and anything over our required amount went to Melanie. We all managed to raise enough money for our trips and combining our extra pay for Melanie. MeanGirl's Mom tried to take that from Melanie - and was ostracized even by her minions.

Wow. 

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2014, 06:44:31 AM »
Kherbert, where is the jaw-drop smiley?  That story blows even my mind.

bloo

« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2014, 12:02:16 PM »
Kherbert, where is the jaw-drop smiley?  That story blows even my mind.

Here ya go!

Yikes, wow and double yikes...

wolfie

• I don't know what this is so I am putting random words here
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2014, 12:35:10 PM »
This could be a whole mean girl set up. If it is the LW is better off rid of them. I went to HS and was on drill team with a girl that did this. She didn't just look at me - she told to waiter that I was picking up her bill. I smiled and told him no I wasn't. She then launched into how I had committed social suicide backed up by her minions. I literally laughed in her face. I had my own transportation from the event because I didn't trust her and my parents had told me to never be a passenger in her car. The MeanGirl and minions did try to make my life miserable - I kept laughing at them. Then they ticked off my cousin C, and basically shot themselves in the collective foot.

Told my parents about trying to stick me with the bill (could effect Dad's relationship with restaurant) - and Mom's reaction was like mother like daughter. MeanGirl's Mother and My mom were part of the same civic club. MeanGirl's Mother tried to stick my Mom with the bill at an expensive sea food place. Mom went to the "ladies room" sent a waitress back to get her 2 friends that were driving with her. They settled their bill, and Mom told the owner's adult son who was managing at the time that the others were trying to stick Mom with the bill and left.

Owner called Dad to tell him the follow up. MeanGirl's Mom and her minions didn't have a way to pay the bill and tried the we are so important you will just forgive us our bill tactic. They were informed find a way to pay, or we will call the cops and have you arrested (bill was over $75 for each of them). MeanGirl's Dad had to come pay the bill and he wasn't happy, and did the "We will never darken your door again" threat - which was met by no you won't because you are banned.

Dad never had to socialize with MeanGirl's Dad but knew him by reputation as a cheat and fraud.

Senior Year MeanGirl's mom was supposed to be a chaperon to Scotland and England for the drill team. When asked for the $$ for her tickets and accommodations she informed the school they would be paying for the honor of her presence on the trip and making up the difference between what her daughter raised and what she owed. Nearly scuttled the entire trip because a. The school wasn't going to pay her way and b. we were required to have 1 chaperon for every X students. Fortunately another family stepped up and that Mom was able to take her place. Then MeanGirl's Mom tried to get another girl, Melanie, kicked off the trip.

Melanie's father had died of a massive heart attack at the beginning of the year. He was a young man for such a heart attack. The family was thrown for a loop financially (They had been doing the right thing saving for college and retirement, but he as in mid to late 30's) A group of parents that included my parents went to the school and made arrangements for some of our fundraising to go into her account, and anything over our required amount went to Melanie. We all managed to raise enough money for our trips and combining our extra pay for Melanie. MeanGirl's Mom tried to take that from Melanie - and was ostracized even by her minions.

I have to know - what reason did she give for saying the money raised for Melanie should go to her?

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2014, 01:42:49 PM »

*snip*

Because I love a good story, what was the fallout by ticking off cousin C? >:D

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2014, 02:34:14 PM »

I have to know - what reason did she give for saying the money raised for Melanie should go to her?

Previous years if you raised more money than required it went into a general fund. That fund was prorated among everyone who did not raise enough money. Apparently on the previous 2 trips the majority of mean girl's trip had been covered by the general fund. The girls whose parents made arrangements for part of our fundraising to go to Melanie were the biggest fundraisers, so there was a good deal less in the general fund that year. No parent ever had their way paid, she just decided that it was a perk of the past president of the boster club as of that year.

These people were narcisists at least if not high functioning sociopaths. Mean Girl could not understand why Melanie was upset about finding her father's body or his death in general - after all they still had money. Her Mom got pushed to something like alumnia status in the civic group because of her treatment of several women including Melanie's Mom. They couldn't flat out kick her out but put her on a status were she was only invited to 2 or 3 events and didn't have volunteer hours. (No Not the Junior League but similar)
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Bookgirl

• Read The Hunger Games. Trust me.
    • Zo- Be Designs
« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2014, 12:20:09 PM »

Previous years if you raised more money than required it went into a general fund. That fund was prorated among everyone who did not raise enough money. Apparently on the previous 2 trips the majority of mean girl's trip had been covered by the general fund. The girls whose parents made arrangements for part of our fundraising to go to Melanie were the biggest fundraisers, so there was a good deal less in the general fund that year. No parent ever had their way paid, she just decided that it was a perk of the past president of the boster club as of that year.

These people were narcisists at least if not high functioning sociopaths. Mean Girl could not understand why Melanie was upset about finding her father's body or his death in general - after all they still had money. Her Mom got pushed to something like alumnia status in the civic group because of her treatment of several women including Melanie's Mom. They couldn't flat out kick her out but put her on a status were she was only invited to 2 or 3 events and didn't have volunteer hours. (No Not the Junior League but similar)

Wow, unbelievable!
RIP to my blog

I play with paper, scissors and glue and this is where I Facebook about it:
http://www.facebook.com/ZoBeDesigns

my cards and papergoods: www.ZoBeDesigns.etsy.com