Author Topic: Kim Kardashian & Kanye West invite Andrea Bocelli to their wedding as "a guest"  (Read 4130 times)

traherne

... and tell him to leave without so much as a glass of water. Apparently they only wanted him to sing a song, but without having to pay for the performance. Classy.

And then you have Will Smith's son (who happens to be 16 - SIXTEEN!), who was allowed to attend in a Batman costume and proceeded to act like a hyperactive toddler whose parents can't be bothered to control him.

Then again, it seems like everyone involved was acting like an entitled child, beginning with groom and bride. During their vows, Kanye called his wife "the ideal celebrity" - seriously? Is that what is going through your head during the ceremony? Your wife's celebrity status? I give it a year.

Now, I realise the article is too outrageous to be true. I too thought it was all made-up... until I saw the picture of Will Smith's son -

If THAT is true, I have no reason to doubt the rest.

Golden Toilet Tower, headless nude statues: Inside Kimye’s wedding

http://pagesix.com/2014/05/29/golden-toilet-tower-headless-nude-statues-inside-kimyes-wedding/

Edited for copyright issues.

Andrea Bocelli sang during Kim’s processional. The blind opera legend had been asked as a guest, but the wedding planners hadn’t provided a seat for him. He said he’d be happy with a glass of water, and was told after his performance, “Thank you, but it’s time for you to get in your car and go home.” Bye-bye to one of the greatest living Italian vocalists of all time.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 12:08:36 PM by Ticia »

Promise

Other journalists also thought at first that this page 6 article was satire...but discovered it wasn't. There are lots of pictures of Jaden in that photo booth at the wedding wearing that outfit. I cannot imagine the how or why of that one. It defies common sense.

Katana_Geldar

I think giving it a year is far too generous.

guihong

• Super Hero!

I was going to say the same. Months, maybe.

Fleur

The whole thing is an embarrassing mess. Kim K is famous for nothing at all.

Ticia

• Administrator
Let's keep to the etiquette of inviting someone to your wedding so that you can get free services from them, and stay away from speculating about how long the marriage is going to last, please.
Utah

Minmom3

Really sad that they were so dismissive of such a lovely singer.  Wow.  Seriously wow.  Those 2 are massively over-impressed with themselves.
Mother to children and fuzz butts....

turnip

Really sad that tabloids are taken so seriously. 

Fleur

Kim Kardashian would not exist without tabloids, though. Her life is one long trashy news story, she isn't like a singer or an actress or even a model. She is a reality 'star' and her antics are by now well documented (like the travesty which was her last 'marriage') I find it more than easy to believe that they behaved boorishly to the singer.

Katana_Geldar

Particularly Kanye, but the pair or them are bride and groomzilla. They deserve each other.

I also find the excess of the wedding in poor taste given the previous wedding was so big.

Minmom3

I'm actually fine with the excess of the wedding.  Why the heck not?!  They earned the money to pay for it, I'm fine with them constructing their perfect Fairy Tale event.  I wouldn't do it, I wouldn't go (as IF I'd get an invite to something like that....  ;) ) but it's not me and it's not my money, and I don't they're hurting anybody by this lavish extravaganza.  They probably brought a lot of money to the area in having the event there, and that's not a bad thing.  Even if it's gospel truth that they were this rude to Bocelli, he's not hurt by it either.  He's a big boy, I'm sure he wasn't alone at the event, and he was at most inconvenienced and annoyed.  He can take care of himself and avoid trashtastic people like that in the future with more careful examination of who's hiring him, and possibly better checking of the fine print in the contract...

I wish Kim and Kanye all the joy in the world with each other.  I'm glad I'm not them.  They work hard for their money, in ways I cannot imagine and would not care to do.  I'd love some of their money if it could be given to me guilt free, but I'm glad I'm not them.  Let them spend it as they wish. 
Mother to children and fuzz butts....

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
I hope he provides them with a bill for his performance, including a hefty surcharge for the subterfuge.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

gollymolly2

Really sad that tabloids are taken so seriously.

Yeah. This seems like an obviously made-up article.

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
I've never seen any of the Kardashian shows, and I can't stand Kanye "I have more ego than the rest of the world combined" West, however...

The article makes it sound like Bocelli expected to be a guest and it was sprung on him that he'd be expected to sing, yet other articles (a quick google tells me) say he sang as she walked down the aisle. Surely he knew that was the plan, what song she wanted, etc. I can't imagine having someone like that to sing at my wedding and not inviting them to stay. As far as payment, that's something that would have been worked out long before the wedding. Even if he had his people contact her people and they all agreed payment would be made after the wedding, something is going to be in writing if he's to be paid. It'll be interesting to see if he issues any type of statement about this.

I would love for someone to ask the Smiths why the heck their son was allowed to wear a ridiculous costume to a wedding. Unless there's a lot more to that story and the Bride and Groom actually requested it for some reason, that comes off as a brat kid begging for the spotlight. Which makes me wonder why Bieber wasn't there since that's usually his role.  :P

hopeful4

My thoughts exactly!  Neither of them is mature enough to be married, I'd give it 6 months , tops.  Afterall, being an 'old married couple' doesn't gardner as much attention/drama as their lives before.  And they are both major drama queens.