Author Topic: Craving foods that you usually donít like  (Read 1526 times)

veronaz

Craving foods that you usually donít like
« on: June 04, 2014, 03:04:23 PM »
It happens a few times a year and it happened today.  Well, actually the craving started late last night.  I wanted Pop Tarts Ė frosted brown sugar & cinnamon.  Woke up this morning wanting them.  Went to the store, came home and enjoyed myself.

ButÖÖÖI donít like Pop Tarts.

Ditto for Cheetos.  Yet, at least once a year I must go out and buy a bag.  I eat them, then Iím done.  (After cleaning the orange gunk off my fingers.  ugh)

Thing isÖÖI donít like Cheetos

???
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 07:46:42 PM by veronaz »

jmarvellous

Re: Craving foods that you usually donít like
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 03:12:28 PM »
Cheetos also gross me out until I need a Cheeto--fortunately, this seems to happen at events where they are available free for the taking, like parties. I blame whatever chemicals they are made of.

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 03:13:47 PM »
I crave donuts once a month. At any other times, I can't stand donuts.

auntmeegs

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 03:16:38 PM »
This happens to me with soda.  I don't really like soda and never drink it.  Except maybe once a year, when I absolutely have to have soda and it can't be from a can or a bottle, it has to be a fountain soda. 

Hillia

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 03:18:47 PM »
I never liked cottage cheese.  Yuck.  But years ago, when I was in college, I suddenly got a craving for cottage cheese with pineapple.  Went to the store and got some, and ate it nearly constantly for the next 3 months.

Probably the result of a mild malnutrition caused by living on Ramen noodles, cheap beer, and Dairy Queen pink lemonade.  But oh boy, was that first bowl ever tasty!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

lowspark

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 03:19:12 PM »
Yeah, auntmeegs, me too. I don't drink carbonated drinks at all. I don't like them. However, every once in a while, I need a Dr Pepper. I really don't eat fast food at all either but again, once in a while I get in the mood. And usually when I go for that burger & fries, I need me some DP to go with it. Maybe once a year or so. :)

miranova

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 03:31:42 PM »
I'm trying to come up with something but I can't.  I do have food cravings, but they are things I've always liked and usually just try to avoid for health reasons.  Like chicken wings.  Love them.  Try to avoid them but once in awhile give in to the craving.

Soda and sugary things I don't even crave anymore. I gave them up to lose weight once, and then lost all taste for them.  I don't even eat cake at birthday parties.  People think I'm just "being good" but really I just don't like it anymore.  Too sweet.

andi

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 07:30:52 PM »
I'm on a medication right now that had rendered my sense of taste almost completely gone -  and the one thing I can still taste is cottage cheese!!  I don't really dislike it - but I haven't eaten it in years. Im going through half a container a day

Allyson

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 07:35:39 PM »
McDonald's. About twice a year I will *need* a McNugget meal with fries, get about 3/4s of the way through and wonder what I'm even doing...

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 07:38:04 PM »
Pickled herring in cream sauce. 

For some weird reason I get a craving for this stuff at the end of January or the beginning of February.  I never eat it at any other time of the year but, in the depths of winter, I can go through two jars a day. 

heartmug

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 07:51:11 PM »
A big tall glass of cold milk.  I crave it about 4 - 5 times a year.
One option in a tug of war with someone is just to drop the rope.

auntmeegs

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 09:03:49 PM »
Yeah, auntmeegs, me too. I don't drink carbonated drinks at all. I don't like them. However, every once in a while, I need a Dr Pepper. I really don't eat fast food at all either but again, once in a while I get in the mood. And usually when I go for that burger & fries, I need me some DP to go with it. Maybe once a year or so. :)

Yes, Lowspark!  It's always a Dr. pepper for me too!

esposita

• If you have the power to make someone happy, do it
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 10:29:58 PM »
I Hate raisins. I can eat them in other things like cookies and oatmeal if I have to, but never ever by themselves. It grosses me out to even think of it.

When I was pregnant with my second kid I developed anemia, and toward the end of my pregnancy and then even post partum, I could. not. get. enough. raisins!!! I ate them by the handful while I nursed. I think its kinda cool that at a time when I needed all the iron I could get, my intense dislike of raisins completely evaporated.

Mister E

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2014, 10:42:06 PM »
This is interesting to me. I've honestly never had a craving for a food that I hate. It makes me wonder what would cause something like that?

Ed.

Library Dragon

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2014, 10:50:26 PM »
P‚tť.  I really don't like liver, but every few years I want a small amount of p‚tť on good, crusty bread.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter