Author Topic: An update if you're interested  (Read 2459 times)

Library Dragon

Re: An update if you're interested
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 07:57:22 PM »
IMO the issue is the yelling.

It has long been netiquette that the use of caps is YELLING. The only exception, as far as I know, is when someone uses internet slang such as LOL, AFAIK, etc.

Please use italics or bold to emphasize, but no caps unless you want to be gagged. The use of caps=yelling is not new so for the life of me I don't understand why people persist.

Stop it.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

cass2591

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2014, 08:09:22 PM »
Indeed. I'm getting really sick of being the hall monitor.
There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2014, 05:41:50 PM »
There were people who CHOSE to stop being publically labeled as Jews generations ago to avoid issues with neighbors who might not have been tolerant of other religions in a world that had NOT developed the concept of "politically correct".  Or even "religious tolerance". 

So - the French-Canadians or other small pockets of people with the gene MIGHT have a common ancestor from the Ashkenazi population of a century or two ago.  Or it might be a mutation that appeared independently...something for the doctors and scientists to research.

And they have ; it is a different mutation in the French -Canadian population. Researchers aren't stupid; this would have been something they checked- and did check early on. No need to be hostile towards me.

Mom retired from the medical research field in the 1990s - I no longer get updates on the latest research when visiting them...and I don't always remember the details of "dinner conversation" after twenty years, even if she did read anything about it and mentioned it to me when I was visiting.

I was simply musing out loud - no hostility intended.  I'm sorry if you read anything into my musings...
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?