Author Topic: best food tracking app  (Read 311 times)

ishka

best food tracking app
« on: June 05, 2014, 12:23:43 AM »
I've been paying attention to what I'm eating for about a month now.  I've lost some weight and I'm feeling pretty good but I think it's time to get a bit more structure and information.

I've noticed a fair number of 'myfitness' tickers on the board, I was wondering if anyone who uses 'myfitness', or any other food tracking app would be willing to share their experience. I've read loads of reviews but would like to hear from people I 'know'.

I have a pc but really an ios app would be most useful as I'm always within reach of either my ipad or iphone.

littlelauraj

• My world
Re: best food tracking app
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 07:51:43 AM »
I use and love My Fitness Pal.  It's one account, so I can log on on my PC or I can use the app on my phone or tablet. 

newbiePA

• Outside the Marinara Zone- our new blog :)
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 08:36:58 AM »
I really like my fitness pal as well.  Free, a huge database, and you can enter your own recipes.  I find it over estimates the calories burned for exercise, but overall it is accurate enough to help me lose my baby weight and then some after both of my pregnancies.
Not such a newbie anymore

Pioneer

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 09:03:19 AM »
I use MyFitnessPal, and love the scan to track feature on my Android-style phone.  I'm BravePioneer if you want another online friend to support your successes!
"Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." -- Will Rogers

spookycatlady

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 09:06:55 AM »
I like My Fitness Pal, too.  It has the best food database (definitely better than Weight Watchers).  Fitbit also can cross reference with it, if you want to go that route.

MamaMootz

• I'm a lumberjack and I'm O.K....
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 09:22:41 AM »
I will admit to being biased, but I like My Fitness Pal. I also like Sparkpeople for the community. My company makes another app but it's for diabetics and it's the GoMeals app for the phone, which also does a pretty awesome job of tracking.
"I like pie" - DD's Patented Bean Dip Maneuver

SingMeAway

• Formerly Mrs. Mouse
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 09:23:30 AM »
MyFitnessPal.com is awesome and there's also FatSecret which I have found really good (except for the name :D). They both have really good food databases and are available on PC and Androind (probably IPhone too).

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 09:27:00 AM »
I liked SuperTracker (https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/default.aspx), since I found they gave a lot of macro and micro nutrient information (vitamins, minerals, carbs, fats, protein, etc). They have a good database, you can add your own recipes, save menus for those meals you repeat and it also tracks exercises.

andi

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 09:35:48 AM »
I use the Lose It app. Tons of foods to track and easy to add your own recipes. Also has a "scan it"  feature for pre oacjaged items. Very easy to use

Library Dragon

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 09:38:04 AM »
I like MyFitness Pal and have introduced it to other "pals".  I like that I can log in from my computer, iPad, or phone. 

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter