Author Topic: Meditation  (Read 205 times)

Bijou

• Super Hero!
Meditation
« on: June 07, 2014, 12:12:46 PM »
I thought it would be interesting to have a thread on meditation, the hows and whys and tools.  I love new ideas and would like to hear what others do.  I love to meditate but find that I don't do it often enough, which would be daily.  But I think I'm onto something, a focus point, so to speak (instead of a repeated word or phrase).

My sister sent a beautiful long, long string of juniper berry beads to me.  She got them in Arizona, I think. She thought that since I do jewelry and beading that I might want to cut the strand to use in other things.  No way!  They are called Ghost beads, are of native American origin and have spiritual significance to some people, including me. I loop them so they fit around my hands and hold them while I meditate.  I just let them take me wherever. 

In the process I looked them up to get information about them and I know quite a bit now about juniper berries (which are not real berries)  It was fun to research them and I just love my beads. 
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
Re: Meditation
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 12:21:17 PM »
I medidate frequently and have for years. I use a couple of different methods depending upon my mood. Sometimes a guided meditation from a recording is useful, but my usual and favorite method is to envision a movie theater screen in my mind and allow my thoughts to run without control. It's much harder to do than one would think..just letting your thoughts go uncensored is very difficult. I also do chakra meditations with crystals sometimes.

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

Bijou

• Super Hero!
Re: Meditation
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 12:24:48 PM »
I medidate frequently and have for years. I use a couple of different methods depending upon my mood. Sometimes a guided meditation from a recording is useful, but my usual and favorite method is to envision a movie theater screen in my mind and allow my thoughts to run without control. It's much harder to do than one would think..just letting your thoughts go uncensored is very difficult. I also do chakra meditations with crystals sometimes.
That's an interesting way of meditating.  I do think it could be difficult to do, but may get easier with time.  I also like the idea of chakra meditation.  I should get out my wheels of Life book and my crystals.  I didn't think of that. 
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.