Author Topic: Wedding Party "Requirements"  (Read 8224 times)

HannahGrace

Re: Wedding Party "Requirements"
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2014, 09:25:50 PM »
Yeah, I think this is definitely a regional / cultural thing. I've been maid of honor or bridesmaid in a number of US weddings and nothing about my hair was asked or dictated. I'm getting married in two weeks and I have no idea what my ring bearer is wearing; I have no bridal party and I have not asked about the FG's hair because she's 4, so I'm making a clothing point to sub in for a hair point because clothing seems way more relevant than hair to me.

bonyk

« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2014, 06:00:42 AM »
About a month before my wedding, one of my BMs asked me if I would mind if she shaved her head.  I plastered a smile on my face and said, "Of course not! It's your hair, your choice!"  But in my head I was thinking, "Really? You have to do this now?". In the end, she ended up waiting because she wasn't sure if she'd like the way she looked in the wedding pictures.

metallicafan

« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2014, 02:37:53 AM »
I've never been to a wedding where the bridesmaids didn't match.  Same dresses, jewelry,  similar updos. 

KatiefromQuébec

« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2014, 10:55:39 AM »
I *might* ask that if someone were going to get a tattoo that would be visible in the dress, that they get it early enough so that it's healed by the wedding or wait until after.

But even that wouldn't be a dealbreaker.

I was the maid of honour in a wedding this summer and one of the bridesmaids got a giant tattoo on the side of her neck/shoulder 2 weekds before the wedding...The bride was uneasy about how it would look in the pictures, but thought it would be out of line to say so. So instead, all three of the bridesmaids were give a pretty shawl to wear for the pictures, and we were allowed to ditch them after. I think the bride handled that pretty well!

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2014, 04:24:08 PM »
How is this supposed to be if one or more of the BMs has short hair? My sister and MOH had short hair, my other sister and DHs sister had long. I just said do your hair nice, but you may want it up if it's long it'll be hot. My hair was up.

They all wore long matching red dresses they looked lovely in.mall had matching bouquets that were a smaller version of my own and fake so they got to keep them. And the only instructions on shoes were nice black ones, and most ladies have or need a nice pair of black formal shoes.

They looked nice! The red dresses made them match together without having them completely identical. I also would have thought it way too much to get any of my BMs to grow their hair.

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2014, 04:40:05 PM »
If the bride wants matching hair and a BM's hair is too short for it, it's generally styled to look as close as possible. So the front would usually match, and you might have matching doodads (flowers, sparkly clips), but the "up" part of the up-do is just missing. I've been in several weddings with matching hairstyles and it's always been pretty simple to fake it for the shorter hair.

kareng57

• Super Hero!
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2014, 10:25:43 PM »
At my son's recent wedding, the bride and bridesmaids all had longish hair.  Three bridesmaids wore up-dos, one wore hers long.  It didn't look the least bit strange to me.