News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• May 28, 2015, 06:23:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Re: Bridezilla starting 8 months before the wedding *Updated January 23  (Read 11142 times)

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
Re: Bridezilla starting 8 months before the wedding Update posts 14, 43
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2014, 11:28:42 PM »
Did the OP come back and update and then delete it? The main title says "update posts 14, 43" but post #43 is someone posting yesterday, asking if there's an update. I'm confused.  :P
Oregon

EllenS

• I write whimsical vintage mysteries.
    • My Author Page:
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2014, 11:48:38 PM »
OP doesn't have anything in her post history since August, so looks unlikely. That is a weird glitch.

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2014, 11:56:35 PM »
OP doesn't have anything in her post history since August, so looks unlikely. That is a weird glitch.

Would it be there if she deleted it, though?
Oregon

EllenS

• My Author Page:
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2014, 12:20:59 AM »

I meant she does not seem to have been active for a couple of months, so I'd be surprised if she swooped in for a single update.

JenJay

• Super Hero!
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2014, 12:31:34 AM »

I meant she does not seem to have been active for a couple of months, so I'd be surprised if she swooped in for a single update.

Oh duh. I'm having a slow night.
Yeah her profile says she was last active in early Oct and the main post says it was last edited in June. I thought maybe she updated back then (Oct) and I missed it. Except you'd think there would be replies if she'd updated. I'll just chalk it up to "Weird!"
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 12:36:55 AM by JenJay »
Oregon

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2014, 05:56:32 AM »
'Tisn't a glitch - it looks like someone else who posted on this thread back when it was first active has gone through and deleted their posts, so now the OP's (minor) last update is post 39 instead of 43.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 05:58:06 AM by Mel the Redcap »
"Set aphasia to stun!"

EllenS

• My Author Page:
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2014, 08:19:02 AM »
And the deerstalker cap goes to Mel.

StareDecisis

Re: Bridezilla starting 8 months before the wedding *Updated January 23
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2015, 01:23:53 PM »
Update:

The wedding date is approaching, but it seems that Anna has settled down considerably; here's hoping that she can keep it up!  Unfortunately, I am not pregnant, and am trying the first step in fertility assistance.  The other married bridesmaid, however, got pregnant almost as soon as she was married, and will therefore be pregnant at the wedding!  We all expected Anna to be a SS about it, but she reacted very well (said congratulations, told mom-to-be that she is excited for her, etc.) and has not complained about it once (unless she has complained quietly to someone else).  I give a lot of credit to people dealing with infertility who are able to react gracefully to others' pregnancy announcements; thus far, I believe I have managed to keep it together when congratulating others, but it is definitely difficult. 

Anna has also thankfully decided to scrap the performance for the bridal party, which is a relief to everyone.  The biggest obstacle now seems to be the crazy photography schedule for the day of the wedding (multiple locations, multiple photographers, outdoor photography in the snow wearing sleeveless dresses, etc.), but that seems manageable compared to the earlier issues! 

mime

Re: Bridezilla starting 8 months before the wedding *Updated January 23
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2015, 01:59:47 PM »
I'm glad to hear that Anna has reverted a bit to the friend you've known. Hopefully, she's starting to see that what's really needed for a perfect wedding is just the presence of her friends and family, and not all of the other worries about appearances.

My best wishes to you and DH(?) as you're TTC.