Author Topic: Unique storage solutions  (Read 932 times)

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
Re: Unique storage solutions
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 02:21:54 PM »
I love love love the top of the bookcase storage.  One end has my silk cascade wedding bouquet.  The other end has my husband's soccer trophies.  In the middle are some travel stuff like the wood dolphin statue from Belize. 

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2014, 02:54:37 PM »
Our old china cabinet is in Ambrosia Hino's living room (no wall space in her dining room) with china, family heirloom silver plate, collectibles, her wedding bouquet, and various other items in it.

I understand that it will not be moving with them when & if they move - WonderfulSIL has moved it from our house to her (shared) apartment, her apartment to the house that they shared, and from that house to the house that they bought together (current residence).  It has lower cabinets and a top that has glass fronted shelves - but it is heavy (solid wood) and not in great condition (bought in dry West Texas & moved by the military to Georgia, Kentucky, and back to Georgia - which are more humid than West Texas - the only place drier than most of West Texas would be various deserts - West Texas is only semi-arid).

It also needs a bit of repair work where glue has dried out & bits are coming off...but there is no time for that with their current work schedules.  In the meantime, it is amazing how much stuff it holds...

I've also seen the triangular nets used as toy hammocks.  I bought a plastic chain with clips on it that is used for the same thing.  I had one of the mesh tubes in a closet - but it wasn't the best option for underwear & socks...

I wonder where it went?  I might come up with a way to use it in the sewing room (saving small scraps sorted by weight or color for quilts or possibly doll clothes - if I get a granddaughter in the next few years). 

Sewing rooms always need more storage than you have...it seems to be a law of nature.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 01:29:43 PM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Carotte

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 02:55:10 PM »
One thing that can help with the cluttered look is having the same storage bins/solution. It gives a more unified look.
You need to know what you like and don't like, like I loathe clear plastic and clear acrylic storage and I like "foggy" plastic and clean lines  (that's just me of course, I won't judge someone on storage taste  :P)
so: no, yes,
But it can be expensive to buy enough to replace everything.

As Ikea would say, build up and take advantage of any space.