Author Topic: Kitty Dangers!  (Read 1048 times)

Baby Snakes

Re: Kitty Dangers!
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2014, 10:11:59 AM »
My late cat, Mr. Bounce, loved to play with and eat the ribbons on wrapped gifts.  We found out one Christmas when we came downstairs to open gifts and there he was, sitting in a pile of of torn and barfed-up ribons.  From then on we didn't use those ribbons and bows anymore.

He didn't pass away from eating ribbons and bows, he was old and very sick.

*Sigh* I still miss him so much.  He was a great mancat.

amylouky

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2014, 10:15:58 AM »
Let's not forget Lynx and his collar.. thankfully they caught it in time to save him. We had a dog that wasn't so lucky.. he didn't show symptoms until it was too late.

perpetua

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2014, 11:14:28 AM »
My interpretation is that the cat wouldn't jump down, but had just enough thought process to realize that every time she rolled around on the roof she got herself down.   ::) :-\

That's some epic cat logic there, but it wouldn't at all surprise me!

I once lived in a tiny house with a sloping roof that had a Velux window in it, like this:

Inside the roof, there was a galleried bedroom, which had a railing across the front of it, like so:

The cats would jump from the bed onto the railing and launch themselves up through the window onto the roof and use it as a giant cat flap. I couldn't believe it the first time the first fearless one tried it, but then they all went "Dude, good idea!" and followed suit (I had four at the time). There was a good 12-15 foot drop (I'm not very good at estimating distances) down to the lounge below and yet they never fell. Once they got out there, they'd run down the roof and jump onto the car parked in the driveway, then into the garden. I knew they were coming home when I heard them running up the roof.

I have no idea what the neighbours thought when they saw them coming and going :)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2014, 02:09:25 PM »
My house is open concept with a railing on the main floor, opening up to the basement below - so basically a one story drop of about 8 feet, with the railing about 3 feet high for a total of 11 feet.  I'm pretty sure Sass has fallen off the railing to the floor below in the middle of the night - more than once.  I'm sometimes awakened by a rather loud 'thud' and can't find anything amiss in the morning.

The rotund one can't get up on the railing and she's also the smarter of the two, anyway, so I don't think she'd try to jump down.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2014, 02:33:08 PM »
Lametta on the Christmas tree. Did that once. It got everywhere

Never again
NE England

greencat

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2014, 02:48:17 PM »
Fortunately all other cats that I have ever owned either have better sense than to jump up on the balcony railing or better balance than to fall off it.

For a long time, one of my cats would eat styrofoam and periodically branch out into other forms of foam.  Fortunately she seems to have stopped...