General Etiquette > Techno-quette

Facebook: Toddler accidentally friended stranger on my page. They accepted!

(1/6) > >>

squashedfrog:
Not sure what I should do on this. My 15month old froglet seems to put out in a friend request (a friend of a friend) on Facebook whilst playing with my I phone.  I'm not even sure when and how many times she's done this, only that a had a stranger accept the request yesterday.

It's a friend of my husbands old school friend, (he went to the sane school but dh has no idea who he is).  He's married with kids, has accepted but not contacted me with any message asking who I am etc

Should I
1. Defriend, which seems rude,
2. or come clean and say "actually I don't know you, my toddler friended you by accident, bye!" Which also seems rude,
3.or just leave it and stay friends, which also feels odd?

bonyk:
I would just respond with who you are and what happened:  "Oh, you must have popped up on my list because you went to school with my husband.  I think my toddler must have friend requested you while she was playing with my phone.  Sorry to bother!". And then I would defined after a few days.

esposita:
Haha! This happened to me once. Only there were multiple requests sent, and they were sent to members of a group which I was a member of. I had no idea how many people my kid sent requests to, so I posted an explanation and apology on the group's wall. It was a Mom's group, so everyone thought it was hilarious and the ones who got friend requests accepted and I've actually enjoyed seeing their statuses and updates, so I made a few friends!

I'd send a friendly little message of explanation and say something at the end like, "...so feel free to unfriend me! :)"

Zizi-K:
Just delete this person without comment. They are likely trying to figure out how they know you! Since FB doesn't give any notification when someone deletes you as a friend, you are in the clear. They will not even notice.

sammycat:

--- Quote from: Zizi-K on June 18, 2014, 08:24:13 AM ---Just delete this person without comment. They are likely trying to figure out how they know you! Since FB doesn't give any notification when someone deletes you as a friend, you are in the clear. They will not even notice.

--- End quote ---

This is what I'd do. I'd probably also block him, just to cut out any chance he may try to refriend, or message you.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I've never accepted a friend request from someone I didn't know, nor do I foresee a time when I will.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version