Author Topic: I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell....  (Read 4807 times)

chibichan

Re: I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell....
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2014, 08:16:39 AM »
Hugs Calypso -

I also declare you Not A Sucky Friend . I would like to recommend the ever so handy vacation response function . It's not just for vacations anymore .

You can set it up to say "Hello everybody - I will not be online for awhile . I appreciate your understanding and I will let you know when I resume my e-mail . "

If you feel like you are going into a non-communicating period , a simple click will at least let folks know that you will not be returning their e-mails for now .

You can set it up in advance and switch it on at any time .
The key to avoiding trouble is to learn to recognize it from a distance.

lakey

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2014, 02:37:26 AM »
You might consider not referring to health at all. You could say something like, "I've fallen behind on answering emails because I've had so much on my plate lately." Or even, "I haven't managed to keep up on email lately, sorry."

i guess I'm pretty private. People don't need to know everything.

breny

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2014, 01:05:24 PM »
Thank y'all ----- these are good suggestions. Also many many thanks for the kind words.

I just realized the thread title might be offensive to some unless you know it's a Matchbox 20 reference.

My favorite band--I loved the reference.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2014, 02:21:21 PM »
You might consider not referring to health at all. You could say something like, "I've fallen behind on answering emails because I've had so much on my plate lately." Or even, "I haven't managed to keep up on email lately, sorry."

i guess I'm pretty private. People don't need to know everything.

This is very true!!