News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 22, 2017, 12:56:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Men usually don't garden  (Read 15373 times)

Coralreef

Re: Men usually don't garden
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2015, 10:26:50 AM »

And I can do better (or worse) than that.

I managed to kill an artificial plant.   Mail-ordered a nice fern to  decorate the house.  When I got it, I followed the instructions, and put each frond in the styrofoam they provided, in a nice glass bowl, and set it out on the coffee table.  Over the next few days, it **withered**!!  It was not in the sun, or next to a heating vent.  I tried spraying water on it.  Nothing helped it.

So now I am know as the family member that killed an artificial plant.

On the other hand, I used to have a thriving herb garden, before I got too bad healthwise to keep it up.

I can do that too!  My mom was amazing with plants, outside and inside.  The green thumb skipped a generation because I'm completely useless with plants (animals thrive however) and my DD is very good with plants AND animals.   
"It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." - Office coffee cup.

It's good to be Queen

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2015, 10:30:26 AM »
My grandfather was the grower for a large greenhouse and had a beautiful garden at home.  He also started a men's garden club (through the greenhouse).

TeamBhakta

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2015, 09:38:56 AM »
My grandfather was the grower for a large greenhouse and had a beautiful garden at home.  He also started a men's garden club (through the greenhouse).

I remember Mr Wilson on Dennis The Menace belonging to a garden club. And that some of the judges for his competition plants were men 8)