General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

POLL - Waitstaff kneeling by your table to take your order

<< < (18/18)

Froslass:
I work in a restaurant known for it's casual environment and "Hogs'pitality" and waitstaff are required to kneel or sit at the table in the name of making a more friendly experience. Trust me, we like it about as much as you do!

jmarvellous:

--- Quote from: Froslass on July 03, 2014, 11:50:40 PM ---I work in a restaurant known for it's casual environment and "Hogs'pitality" and waitstaff are required to kneel or sit at the table in the name of making a more friendly experience. Trust me, we like it about as much as you do!

--- End quote ---

Wow, what is that supposed to mean?  It sounds to me like treating your customers like hogs. Is food served in troughs rather than plates? ;D

daen:

--- Quote from: jmarvellous on July 04, 2014, 09:03:53 AM ---
--- Quote from: Froslass on July 03, 2014, 11:50:40 PM ---I work in a restaurant known for it's casual environment and "Hogs'pitality" and waitstaff are required to kneel or sit at the table in the name of making a more friendly experience. Trust me, we like it about as much as you do!

--- End quote ---

Wow, what is that supposed to mean?  It sounds to me like treating your customers like hogs. Is food served in troughs rather than plates? ;D

--- End quote ---

I think it's a just play on the name of the restaurant (something to do with hogs or maybe pigs), and doesn't affect how the food is served.

jayhawk:
The only restaurant I liked it was at Ed Debevic's in Chicago in the 1980's. It was part of the schtick - 50's style with on-purpose mouthy and funny wait staff. Part of the "show."

Tini:
The one point that bothers me about people kneeling if food hygiene. Bear with me there - you kneel, you get back up - you aren't going to brush dust or crumbs of your knees with your hands at one point or another? Do that repeatedly or even once and then touch my cutlery, drinking glass and plate, and you can certainly transfer germs from the floor to me and then to my food. It's just not best practice, even if the likelihood of transferring something is small.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version