General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

Continue ignoring or try the olive branch?

<< < (5/5)

mlmama:
Odd update to this if anyone is interested. Her coworker that spends 12 hrs a day with her just told me (unsolicited) that she is complaining that I don't talk to her, now. I'm not sure what to do. I liked her well enough before all of this, but now I don't trust her. When I clock in, I have to tell one of the dispatchers (her or the other in the room) what time I clocked in. I'm thinking that when I come back to work next Wednesday, instead of waiting until the other dispatcher is unoccupied, I should just go ahead and tell her like it's no big deal and everything is back to normal. Of course, I still won't really trust her, but maybe it will feel less awkward in the office.

PastryGoddess:

--- Quote from: mlmama on June 29, 2014, 01:23:06 AM ---Odd update to this if anyone is interested. Her coworker that spends 12 hrs a day with her just told me (unsolicited) that she is complaining that I don't talk to her, now. I'm not sure what to do. I liked her well enough before all of this, but now I don't trust her. When I clock in, I have to tell one of the dispatchers (her or the other in the room) what time I clocked in. I'm thinking that when I come back to work next Wednesday, instead of waiting until the other dispatcher is unoccupied, I should just go ahead and tell her like it's no big deal and everything is back to normal. Of course, I still won't really trust her, but maybe it will feel less awkward in the office.

--- End quote ---

Don't say anything.  This is not something that you need to "fix"  She does this on a regular basis as you said.  Going to her to try and smooth things over is exactly what she wants.  If she has such a problem with you, then she can put on her big girl panties and come and talk to you like an adult. 

If someone comes to you with gossip, a good response is "If she's that upset I'm sure she'll talk to me about it".  Cut and paste, over and over again.  Don't feed into the drama she wants to create with you

veronaz:
OP - If/when someone comes to you with gossip about this woman, I don't think you should respond at all or add to it in any way.  Don't feed into their drama.

mlmama:
Well, I think it's over for now. She wasn't in when I came in today, so I didn't deal with it then. A little later I had to talk to the other dispatcher but he was on the phone, and she asked me what I needed. I answered her in the same friendly way I would anyone, and left it at that. It seems we are back to being polite to one another at least, so, yay?  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version