Author Topic: Weird Everyday Things You Love Doing  (Read 3298 times)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
Re: Weird Everyday Things You Love Doing
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2014, 07:36:59 PM »
I'm so happy to know that there are other people who like cleaning their ears out as well. 

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2014, 08:50:54 PM »
We used to tease my older brother, who had really waxy/itchy ears as a kid. He'd stand there, cleaning his ears, w/ his head tilted, just the way a dog does when you're rubbing his ears.

And all the doctors will be mad at us.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2014, 09:04:07 PM »
My son has the most productive ears ever. I clean mine at least a few times a week.

I love to make lists! We're taking a short trip and I am just champing at the bit to make my packing lists!

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2014, 09:15:55 PM »
We used to tease my older brother, who had really waxy/itchy ears as a kid. He'd stand there, cleaning his ears, w/ his head tilted, just the way a dog does when you're rubbing his ears.

And all the doctors will be mad at us.

Hmmm,  I still do that  ::).  I clean my ears out when I get out of the shower and usually at least one more time during the 24 hour time period. I don't care what the doctors say about not using Q-Tips  in the ear canal because if I clean them out often I'm fine,  but if I don't I end up with ear infections.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2014, 12:10:07 AM »
Add me to the list as well.  I love cleaning my ears with a q-tip.  It's an ear-gasm :P.  My ears for some reason hold a lot of moisture so after I shower I usually have to dry out the insides of my ears with q-tips.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Lynn2000

• Super Hero!
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2014, 12:15:09 PM »
I like pushing chairs in.

I have a tiny apartment where the "table" is actually just my kitchen counter with a couple of chairs. Pushing the chair back in after I've sat there is very satisfying, because it makes me feel like I've suddenly reclaimed all this space. In a small apartment, the eight inches or so the chair was pushed out is a large proportion!

Likewise, I feel like the space seems so much bigger if I keep my pocket door (to the bathroom) pushed all the way into its pocket when not in use. Even sticking out a few inches feels like a big barrier.
~Lynn2000

demarco

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2014, 11:09:50 PM »
I love lying in bed listening to the traffic report.

I love listening to the traffic reports (XM radio) for two places I used to live (Boston and Houston). Listening to the familiar street names makes me feel close to home for a little while.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2014, 11:40:10 PM »
I love lying in bed listening to the traffic report.

I love listening to the traffic reports (XM radio) for two places I used to live (Boston and Houston). Listening to the familiar street names makes me feel close to home for a little while.

I did too, back when I woke up to the radio. I didn't drive, at all, when I came to NYC, and all these landmarks and roadways became sort of mythic.

I was *so* excited when my then-boyfriend drove me over the Kosciusko Bridge! And I got excited when he said, "Oh, those are the Elmhurt tanks."

To this day, I still have a fondness for the Kosciusko Bridge.

(and did you know that the Internet spellcheck doesn't put little squiggly red lines under the word "Kosciusko"--as long as you capitalize it?)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2014, 12:35:18 PM »
Many of the words are in your browser history, which is where the spell check occurs.

I love driving.

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2014, 01:04:18 PM »
Many of the words are in your browser history, which is where the spell check occurs.

I love driving.

Anthony loves driving too.  Which is good, because I love riding in the car.  It takes me back to when I was a teenager and my friends started getting their driver's licenses.  I never got mine (still don't have one) and we would ride around in either our parents' cars or whatever junkers my friends were able to afford.  We would make and listen to mix tapes (remember mix tapes??) and singing and goofing around and enjoying the new freedom of having access to a car.  I know it's a cliche to say high school is the best time in your life, but for me it's nearly true.  I don't know if it's the best time of my life yet, I'm only 32.  I have a lot of life left ahead of me.  But it's definitely a highlight and cruising around in the car with no particular place to go or time to be there takes me right back every time.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Lynn2000

• Super Hero!
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2014, 01:10:44 PM »
Here's another one I've noticed. I like standing with my hands on my hips. I call it the "hero pose," though it can be more casual. I find that I do it when I'm home alone, not trying to communicate with anyone. Maybe while I'm waiting for the toaster or something. I notice other people doing it, too, like when they're in their office or just standing there thinking about something. There's something very comfortable and natural about it, I guess.
~Lynn2000

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2014, 01:22:17 PM »
I love driving, too.  My personal vehicle has always been a stick; I learned to drive on an old Ford F150 that was three on the tree (three gears, shifter was on the steering column).

It does partly have to do with the fact that I get seriously car sick.  No back seat for me and I sometimes even get sick riding shotgun.  And I've been a passenger with some really bad drivers that scared the bejeepers out of me.

I got a compliment from my nephew shortly after I bought my newest vehicle.  I was still getting used to the shift - going from a 5 speed to a 6 speed - and wasn't as smooth as I normally would be.  Nephew asked me to teach some of his friends to drive stick because I was so smooth.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2014, 01:44:14 PM »
I am happy that DH is a good driver and that one of our friends is teaching DS to drive.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2014, 02:11:15 PM »
Here's another one I've noticed. I like standing with my hands on my hips. I call it the "hero pose," though it can be more casual. I find that I do it when I'm home alone, not trying to communicate with anyone. Maybe while I'm waiting for the toaster or something. I notice other people doing it, too, like when they're in their office or just standing there thinking about something. There's something very comfortable and natural about it, I guess.

It gives your hands something to do without doing something.

Coralreef

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2014, 04:28:17 PM »
Before I leave, I tell the pets who's in charge while I'm gone and say "Ittekimasu!" before closing the door. 

When leaving for a trip or even just going to my sister's for the day, I review my must-have list out loud while pointing where everything is packed.

[/right