Author Topic: Weird Everyday Things You Love Doing  (Read 3368 times)

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
Weird Everyday Things You Love Doing
« on: June 24, 2014, 09:47:05 AM »
Call me weird before I start. Ok. Now we've got that out of the way...I love sneezing. I absolutely love sneezing about 4 times in a row and then making the last one really, really loud.  Not in public of course, that probably wouldn't go down well in public, but when it's just me and DH or a friend who finds it funny. 

So, what weird things do you love doing?

Or is it really only me?!!!
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

Hurricane Marathon

Re: Weird Everyday Things You Love Doing
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 10:19:29 AM »
I've had a habit for the past 20 years - ever since I got my first apartment by myself - of every time I leave the house I call out to the cats "I'll be home later - I love all of you."  Because if something were to happen to me and I *don't* make it home the last thing I will have said to them is how much I love them. 

Lynn2000

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 10:36:39 AM »
When I throw away something that I've been using for a while, like a pen that's run out of ink or a shirt with a hole in it, I proclaim that it has served me well, but now its time has come. Then I consign it to the bin. It feels a little more ceremonial to me.  :D
~Lynn2000

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 12:01:24 PM »
When I throw away something that I've been using for a while, like a pen that's run out of ink or a shirt with a hole in it, I proclaim that it has served me well, but now its time has come. Then I consign it to the bin. It feels a little more ceremonial to me.  :D

You do that too? 

Before we retired Mr. Thipu always left the house before I did.  I got into the habit of checking lights in all the rooms, the stove, the coffee maker and any fans that might have been on.  As I turn off the hall lights and lock the door I say, half aloud, 'Everything off.  Everything out'. 

We've been retired for four years and I still do it every time I leave the house. It feels like a blessing of a sort.  Of course, any neighbors in the hall at the time think I'm losing it but I don't care.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 07:39:17 PM »
I tell the cats I love them and to be good. Futile, but I can hope.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 07:43:48 PM »
I tell the dogs to hold down the fort, and I tell the cat "Behave".

TeamBhakta

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 10:47:39 PM »
I feel more normal now, knowing I'm not the only one who says to the cats "Behave while I'm gone. Be nice to your sisters."

Nikko-chan

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 10:55:25 PM »
I feel more normal now, knowing I'm not the only one who says to the cats "Behave while I'm gone. Be nice to your sisters."

That too. Though I don't even know why I say it. I mean it's not like he's gonna have a house party.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 03:12:57 AM »

That too. Though I don't even know why I say it. I mean it's not like he's gonna have a house party.

Oh you silly silly hoomin...

camlan

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 06:50:04 AM »
My cats get told, "I'm going to work to earn the money to buy your canned food. Guard the house well!"

Which is ridiculous, as Prinny will come out and love all over anyone who enters, and Fred will run and hide where no one can find him if a stranger comes in.
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible!” –Audrey Hepburn

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 07:41:44 AM »
8 always tell my cat to behave before I go to work. I don't know why- she's a cat. Behave isn't in her vocabulary.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 08:32:28 AM »
I tell the ducks in our complex to move out of the road. They could care less.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 01:34:24 PM »
When I shared a house and was leaving the house empty except for our pets, I'd always yell, "See y'all later!"  This was in case anyone thought I was leaving an empty house, as we lived in a rather dodgy neighborhood and the house next door was broken into the day I moved in.  I had a dog, but she was a total marshmallow, although she would bark.  Must have worked - we were never robbed. 

I do like the idea of putting a huge dog dish with "Killer" painted on it on the front porch to discourage burglars.  Since all of my neighbors have dogs, it's hard to tell exactly where the barking is coming from, and the dogs next door are large and sound like it. 

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 03:26:16 PM »
I say 'Bye, girls!' all the time to the cats when I'm leaving.

And more along the lines of the original post, I have mild IBS and I live alone.  Since this isn't the Gross Out thread, read only if you dare:

Deleted because this isn't the gross out thread and it's not appropriate here. Post your story on that thread if you like.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:13:50 AM by cass2591 »
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2014, 01:17:05 AM »
The hubby HAS to tell our fur son Radar that he will be back when he goes out, or else Radar will sit at the door pathetically CRYING for daddy, and it gets annoying when it's just me here, and I have to listen to him. I tell him daddy's coming back and would never leave him, but he doesn't seem to believe me!