Hostesses With The Mostest > Recipe Requests

No Bake, Chocolate Oatmeal cookies?

(1/2) > >>

Fabrashamx:
When I was in 7th grade, My home ec class made No Bake cookies that were sooo good!

All I remember for sure was that they had chocolate and uncooked quaker oats in them.

Anyone remember these, or have a similar recipe?
TIA, Fabby :)

kckgirl:
These look like what I remember:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/No-Bake-Cookies-I/Detail.aspx

cicero:

--- Quote from: Fabrashamx on August 30, 2007, 07:23:23 PM ---When I was in 7th grade, My home ec class made No Bake cookies that were sooo good!

All I remember for sure was that they had chocolate and uncooked quaker oats in them.

Anyone remember these, or have a similar recipe?
TIA, Fabby :)

--- End quote ---

not sure if this is what you meant, but there are yummy:

Quaker Oatmeal fruit and honey bars

Ingredients
1/4      cup honey
4      tablespoons (1/2 stick) margarine or butter
3      tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4      teaspoon ground cinnamon
One      6-ounce package diced dried mixed fruit (about 1-1/3 cups)
1-1/2      cups crispy rice cereal
1      cup QuakerŽ Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)

Preparation Steps

1. In medium saucepan, heat honey, margarine, sugar and cinnamon over medium-low heat until margarine is melted, stirring frequently. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in dried fruit, rice cereal and oats until evenly coated.
   2. Press mixture evenly onto bottom of ungreased 8-inch square baking pan. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Store tightly covered in refrigerator.

Recipe Yield:
    16 BARS
Serving Size:
    1 bar
these are from the quaker oatmeal web site: http://www.quakeroatmeal.com/qo_quakerKitchen/recipes/recipe.cfm?recipeID=553&RecipeName=Fruit__Honey_Oatmeal_Bars&toReturn=L3FvX3F1YWtlcktpdGNoZW4vcmVjaXBlcy9TZWFyY2hSZXN1bHRzLmNmbT9TZWFyY2hUeXBlPUJyb3dzZUNhdGVnb3J5JmFtcDtLZXl3b3Jkcz0mYW1wO2NhdGVnb3J5SURMaXN0XzE9NSZhbXA7Y2F0ZWdvcnlpZGxpc3RfMj0mYW1wO1N0YXJ0Um93PTE=

cicero:
oh drats - i just saw that you were looking for CHOC OATMEAL cookies.... but the ones i gave are really good!

Fabrashamx:
KckGirl,

Those are exactly the ones I meant! Thank you so much! I remember the peanut butter and the non sweetened cocoa when I looked at the recipe. I hope they are as good as I remember.

Cicero, Those look delicious, and I do love oatmeal cookies, I'm sure they will end up being a favorite at my house, thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version