Author Topic: No Bake, Chocolate Oatmeal cookies?  (Read 999 times)

Fabrashamx

No Bake, Chocolate Oatmeal cookies?
« on: August 30, 2007, 07:23:23 PM »
When I was in 7th grade, My home ec class made No Bake cookies that were sooo good!

All I remember for sure was that they had chocolate and uncooked quaker oats in them.

Anyone remember these, or have a similar recipe?
TIA, Fabby :)

kckgirl

Re: No Bake, Chocolate Oatmeal cookies?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 07:25:12 PM »
Maryland

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 05:05:03 AM »
When I was in 7th grade, My home ec class made No Bake cookies that were sooo good!

All I remember for sure was that they had chocolate and uncooked quaker oats in them.

Anyone remember these, or have a similar recipe?
TIA, Fabby :)

not sure if this is what you meant, but there are yummy:

Quaker Oatmeal fruit and honey bars

Ingredients
1/4      cup honey
4      tablespoons (1/2 stick) margarine or butter
3      tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4      teaspoon ground cinnamon
One      6-ounce package diced dried mixed fruit (about 1-1/3 cups)
1-1/2      cups crispy rice cereal
1      cup QuakerŽ Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)

Preparation Steps

1. In medium saucepan, heat honey, margarine, sugar and cinnamon over medium-low heat until margarine is melted, stirring frequently. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in dried fruit, rice cereal and oats until evenly coated.
   2. Press mixture evenly onto bottom of ungreased 8-inch square baking pan. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Store tightly covered in refrigerator.

Recipe Yield:
    16 BARS
Serving Size:
    1 bar
these are from the quaker oatmeal web site: http://www.quakeroatmeal.com/qo_quakerKitchen/recipes/recipe.cfm?recipeID=553&RecipeName=Fruit__Honey_Oatmeal_Bars&toReturn=L3FvX3F1YWtlcktpdGNoZW4vcmVjaXBlcy9TZWFyY2hSZXN1bHRzLmNmbT9TZWFyY2hUeXBlPUJyb3dzZUNhdGVnb3J5JmFtcDtLZXl3b3Jkcz0mYW1wO2NhdGVnb3J5SURMaXN0XzE9NSZhbXA7Y2F0ZWdvcnlpZGxpc3RfMj0mYW1wO1N0YXJ0Um93PTE=

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 05:06:40 AM »
oh drats - i just saw that you were looking for CHOC OATMEAL cookies.... but the ones i gave are really good!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Fabrashamx

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 08:50:55 PM »
KckGirl,

Those are exactly the ones I meant! Thank you so much! I remember the peanut butter and the non sweetened cocoa when I looked at the recipe. I hope they are as good as I remember.

Cicero, Those look delicious, and I do love oatmeal cookies, I'm sure they will end up being a favorite at my house, thank you!

jais

• Super Hero!
  • Two Friends. Two Hearts. One Promise. One Love.
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 10:31:57 PM »
KckGirl,

Those are exactly the ones I meant! Thank you so much! I remember the peanut butter and the non sweetened cocoa when I looked at the recipe. I hope they are as good as I remember.

Cicero, Those look delicious, and I do love oatmeal cookies, I'm sure they will end up being a favorite at my house, thank you!

My aunt makes these for EVERYTHING.  I haven't had one in forever and she never told me how to make them.  Thank you for getting these posted.

Completely OT, but did you know there are some 'off color' nicknames for these?