News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• August 29, 2016, 01:13:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O Kids Say the Sweetest Things  (Read 828 times)

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
S/O Kids Say the Sweetest Things
« on: July 11, 2014, 04:57:42 AM »
DS has just started saying "I love you Mummy and Daddy".

So far the sweetest things he has said to me include:

"Mine Mummy is fan-TAS-tic" (I bought him an ice cream)
"I do love you Mummy, I do. I have biscuit?"
"Mummy? Mummy you special, Mummy.  I want biscuit." (Yes, he's good.)
"Daddy, I love you, I do. I need you."

What are the sweetest things your kids or kids you know have said to you?

Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
Re: S/O Kids Say the Sweetest Things
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 08:25:48 AM »
When I helped my nieces resolve an argument, and one of them said, "Oh Aunt Samihami, you are the best!"

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

Team HoundMom

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 03:38:20 PM »
Apparently when my friend's daughter was 9 years old she said "When I grow up I want to be just like Aunt Hurricane.  I want....NO KIDS....and my own cool place....with all my own cool stuff.....just like Aunt Hurricane." 

So I told her to stay in school.  ;D

magicdomino

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 04:03:59 PM »
Apparently when my friend's daughter was 9 years old she said "When I grow up I want to be just like Aunt Hurricane.  I want....NO KIDS....and my own cool place....with all my own cool stuff.....just like Aunt Hurricane." 

So I told her to stay in school.  ;D

It's fun to be the cool aunt, isn't it.   :)

Piratelvr1121

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 05:39:37 PM »
When I wore a pretty skirt to church my little guy said "OOoh! Boo-ih-ful, Mommy!" <3  My middle child often tells me I still look like a teenager and I ask "What do you want" jokingly before saying thank you. :)   My older two boys have told me they love my hugs. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 09:25:20 PM »
DS (16) is at the breaking away stage, but isn't quite organized enough to have everything together yet.

He sent me a text message Thursday, asking for a copy of his passport to be sent, so he could use it to cash his paycheck at the bank. I sent it, and received a "thanks, Mom" then later a "you're the best". From a non-effusive 16 year old, that is pretty awesome. He was also very excited about the kind of car we rented for our upcoming trip, I'm not sure why.
“All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Jones

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 09:30:04 PM »
DS is 3 but very restricted on speech.

So it was a great and gratifying surprise yesterday when he and I bought a new mattress for his toddler bed, and when he saw me putting it into the car this convo ensued:

DS: "Me?"
Me: "Yes, a new cushion for your bed."
DS: "Mine? Mommy tay'you." (Thank you)
Followed by big hug.
“A real desire to believe all the good you can of others and to make others as comfortable as you can will solve most of the problems.” CS Lewis