Author Topic: How to get Human Resources to provide supplies? FINAL UPDATE 106  (Read 25879 times)

Coralreef

Re: How to get Human Resources to provide supplies? UPDATE #73
« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2014, 02:55:34 PM »
Some insect larvas can be kept in a container with a layer of oatmeal.  They are available in some pet stores specializing in reptiles/exotics.  So when you need something, just whip out of one of the little guys and your shopping list.  >:D  Just a suggestion. 

[/right

Morty'sCleaningLady

« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2014, 11:50:08 AM »
FINAL UPDATE

My last day is the 8th.  I'm going to a different company closer to home.  During the interview process, I did go to the Ladies' Room and verified that it is professionally cleaned with fully functioning, stocked soap dispensers.

My personally purchased office supplies have already been taken home.  If I need another pen/tape/staple in my last week, I'll just nag the HR lady.
Formerly Mrs.Bart

LeveeWoman

« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2014, 11:56:02 AM »
FINAL UPDATE

My last day is the 8th.  I'm going to a different company closer to home.  During the interview process, I did go to the Ladies' Room and verified that it is professionally cleaned with fully functioning, stocked soap dispensers.

My personally purchased office supplies have already been taken home.  If I need another pen/tape/staple in my last week, I'll just nag the HR lady.

If you have an exit interview, will you mention this issue?

Morty'sCleaningLady

« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2014, 12:03:26 PM »
FINAL UPDATE

I'm on the fence.  As I've said throughout, some of the things the company does is crazy generous (whole office went to an after hours minor league ball game with food and (alcoholic) beverages) and then the office supplies are under lock and key and HR lady makes a huge deal about what an inconvenience getting you another roll of toilet paper is.  I report to HR Lady's boss and she's really well regarded by management -- probably for her effective cost containment.  I'm not really a bridge burner.
Formerly Mrs.Bart

LeveeWoman

« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2014, 12:07:22 PM »
FINAL UPDATE

I'm on the fence.  As I've said throughout, some of the things the company does is crazy generous (whole office went to an after hours minor league ball game with food and (alcoholic) beverages) and then the office supplies are under lock and key and HR lady makes a huge deal about what an inconvenience getting you another roll of toilet paper is.  I report to HR Lady's boss and she's really well regarded by management -- probably for her effective cost containment.  I'm not really a bridge burner.

Would it really burn a bridge to gently point out that supplies--especially soap in the bathroom--are difficult to get?

Free Range Hippy Chick

Re: How to get Human Resources to provide supplies? FINAL UPDATE 106
« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2014, 12:10:46 PM »
And of course it's one way to get yourself noticed at the interview for the new company:

'Have you any questions about the company?"

"Is there toilet paper? Yes? Then it's all fine.'

Shows a grasp on the really important things! I hope the new job goes well for you.

Morty'sCleaningLady

« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2014, 12:25:32 PM »
FINAL UPDATE

Would it really burn a bridge to gently point out that supplies--especially soap in the bathroom--are difficult to get?

I actually have said some bigger things to the owner already this week:

Power Outages (3 x year) - need to either set up a generator or solar panels to power the office or send people home to work.  Three or four hours in a dark office with no heat/air conditioning isn't the best solution.  Plus, he's losing revenue in man hours.  He prefers to send people to lunch (even if it's at 9:30 in the morning) than risk letting them work from home, although over half the company works from home if they are more than 75 miles from the office.

Help Desk Manager - they need one.  They interviewed me for the job, but created a different role for me.  They have interviewed two other people who were 'almost' hired, but were missing the sparkling rainbow unicorn approval from a personality test.  The VP that kind of oversees it doesn't have ANY experience in help desk and is making a mess.  We're losing customers for our help desk services quarterly.

I don't think I need to tack anything else on!
Formerly Mrs.Bart

JoyinVirginia

• Super Hero!
« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2014, 03:45:47 PM »
Congrats on your escape!

TOLady

« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2014, 11:37:58 PM »
All the best with your new position! :D

kategillian

« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2014, 06:32:06 AM »
Congratulations!

Aquamarine

« Reply #115 on: October 12, 2014, 01:37:34 PM »
I wonder if it would be too snarky to post the sign on the bathroom: "No soap today.  Please see HR for details."  Or perhaps the less snarky version, "No soap today.  Please see HR if you wish to put in a supplies request."

I don't think it's too snarky.  Its not something made up, its just posting the truth to give others a heads up, really no different than an "Out of Order" sign on a stall.
Always be polite, even to nasty people. Not because they are nice, but because you are.