Author Topic: LA Gas Station  (Read 1835 times)

MadMadge43

• MadMadge43
  • Super Hero!
  • Etiquette is making others feel special
LA Gas Station
« on: January 08, 2007, 09:49:53 PM »
Someone at work told me it looked like my tire was getting a little flat, so on my way home from work today I stopped off at the gas station to check them out (think very inner city LA gas station, a bit disconcerting in the best circumstances). I pull up to the air and have a guy call out to wait and not touch a thing. He comes running over hands me two tokens for the machine and starts taking off my caps. I say, umm, I only have enough cash on me for the machine, I'm confused as to what is going on. He tells me not to worry about it.

Another car pulls up and out come a couple of young "chollos" and he starts filling up their tires with the same air (he's pretty much done with me, but has the caps and needs to get them done before the air runs out).

I look at the other guys and mouth, "do I need to tip?", they shake their head yes I reach in my purse and pull out some change and mouth "is this ok?" One of them comes over and says, no change isn't cool, but don't worry I've got you covered and pulls out two dollar bills, one for me and one of him and gives them to the guy saying, "I'm covering her car too".

It was so sweet, but I can't believe that I bummed a dollar from somebody at a cash station!

fklwmn

Re: LA Gas Station
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 11:30:03 AM »
Oh,what a nice story!! and it's great that he managed to get 2 czars out of the air... I hate it when I have to pay for just a *little* bit of air!