Author Topic: Musical Stockholm Syndrome  (Read 1229 times)

Carotte

Re: Musical Stockholm Syndrome
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2014, 08:52:11 AM »
I did not think it could happen, but 5 weeks working with the same 15 songs driving me (and coworkers) insane, and the last day, when I realized there was no music, I was actually a bit disappointed !
No idea what the songs were, I have no knowledge of the current music scene, so at least it did not ruin a song I already knew and liked.

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
Re: Musical Stockholm Syndrome
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2014, 10:01:00 AM »
However, there are quite a few songs that I hated when they were hits and were played once an hour, every hour.  After a few years to recover, it's "Huh.  I remember that song played when the living room was painted/we went on a day trip/during that Christmas."

Heh.  I remember having Christmas music on when we were putting up and decorating the tree one Christmas, maybe two years ago.  We had the radio on, and there was one typical Christmas song (I think it may have been "Angels We Have Heard on High" but I may be mistaken) that came on about every 3 songs.  It truly got to be laughable, how often it was being played.  By a different artist each time, so I guess it wasn't registering as "we already played this" or something, because it wasn't *exactly* the same.  But it was hilarious.  For months afterwards we talked about it as the "Angels We Have Heard on High" Christmas tree decorating, because that song was so much a part of it.  So it's actually kind of ridiculous that I now can't remember which song it was, just how much fun we had laughing about it.