Author Topic: Gender Reveal Photo (sigh)  (Read 2777 times)

HGolightly

Re: Gender Reveal Photo (sigh)
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2014, 09:53:20 PM »
One friend took a picture of a row of scrabble tiles on the tile holder thingies that said "it's a boy". Another friend took a black and white picture of her DH's chucks, her chucks and a teeny pair of chucks but left the colour of the chucks (everything but the pink runners were in black and white).

Jocelyn

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2014, 10:04:30 PM »
How about a picture of your family, with each person holding up a piece of infant clothing that's obviously intended for a boy? And smiling.

With the persistence of things on the Internet, I'd vote against anyone ever posting something that indicates that older family members were disappointed at the sex of the baby. Family legends are hurtful enough, but actually seeing the disappointed looks on your siblings' or parents' faces could be crushing to a person.

Jones

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2014, 10:13:03 PM »
A couple of my acquaintance did one in which a tiny dress was tossed to the side and they were cooing over a bitty suit and fedora.

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2014, 10:30:47 PM »
The scrabble tiles one is really cute, especially considering what Scrabble means on this site... and what it might lead to in 9 months.  Heh.

I like the tiny dress/suit thing, although then you do need to have a tiny outfit that belongs to the opposite sex.

TheaterDiva1

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2014, 11:46:54 PM »
How good are you with Photoshop? How about a photo of a monastery with monks and your son and a caption "I'm looking for my brother." (something involving "brother").

Vall

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2014, 07:12:57 AM »
One friend took a picture of a row of scrabble tiles on the tile holder thingies that said "it's a boy". Another friend took a black and white picture of her DH's chucks, her chucks and a teeny pair of chucks but left the colour of the chucks (everything but the pink runners were in black and white).
I like the idea of the black and white picture with only the baby item in color.  To me, this seems classy and artistic.

TomatoBunny

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2014, 02:21:06 AM »
Could you maybe get your son to hold a sign saying "x 2!" to show you're having another boy?

I think this could be confusing because it sort of sounds like they're having twins. Or that's where my mind went, even though I knew what it was supposed to mean.

Alicia

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2014, 02:25:25 AM »
A friend of mine just posted a facebook picture of her son wearing a superman costume and holding a sign saying " Every superhero needs a sidekick! Brother arriving this fall"   
I thought this was cute but not cutesy

Redsoil

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2014, 03:33:18 AM »
Has your husband had any suggestions (seeing as it's his idea, and means a lot to him, he may be particularly invested in organising it and coming up with a fun idea).
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

Cherry91

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2014, 04:50:31 AM »
What about two take away coffee cups with OP and DH's names, a juice box or sippy cup for DS1, and then a baby's bottle with "baby boy" on it?

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2014, 12:45:24 PM »
Has your husband had any suggestions (seeing as it's his idea, and means a lot to him, he may be particularly invested in organising it and coming up with a fun idea).

I, too, would like to hear some of your DH's thoughts.

Oh, and would you please post the photo once you've made it? KTHX.  ;D

Lynn2000

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2014, 01:21:44 PM »
The concept as a whole is a little cutesy for my taste as well--what's wrong with just typing the words "we're having a boy in October" or whatever? But, that is totally a matter of taste, and I think if your DH finds it meaningful, this would be a good opportunity to make a long-lasting memory--so don't think of it so much as a "gender reveal photo" but maybe more like, a nice project to include DH and DS in the pre-baby excitement.

What about having DH himself in the photo? You could put DH on the couch, next to him DS, and next to him maybe a baby car seat in blue, or in a neutral color but with a sign saying "reserved for Baby Boy Smith" (or whatever the last name will be). Or have the caption be something like "three in a row." Or DH could be wearing a t-shirt that says "I'm the dad," DS's would say, "I'm the big brother," and then in the third spot would be a t-shirt saying "I'm the little brother."
~Lynn2000

HGolightly

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2014, 01:36:12 PM »
I,like the coffee cup idea.  You could get three sizes of white cups from a certain coffee chain known for writing names on the cups.  Venti with Daddy, a grande with Mommy, a tall for your son and a baby bottle lined with blue and the due date written on it.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2014, 05:02:41 PM »
A friend of mine just posted a facebook picture of her son wearing a superman costume and holding a sign saying " Every superhero needs a sidekick! Brother arriving this fall"   

Except Superman is one of the superheroes that has no sidekick.  Big brother in a Batman costume with a tiny Robin or Batgirl costume next to him makes a bit more sense...or fill in your favorite Marvel TM superhero's name & sidekick costume instead.  Heck, with the various super hero groups, you could set up several costumes if you were having twins or triplets...or even more than that.

Although the kid might think that it should be a super villain get up instead, as the new sibling usually ends up "stealing" some of the attention from the older one!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 05:04:50 PM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2014, 05:57:08 PM »

Except Superman is one of the superheroes that has no sidekick.  Big brother in a Batman costume with a tiny Robin or Batgirl costume next to him makes a bit more sense...or fill in your favorite Marvel TM superhero's name & sidekick costume instead.  Heck, with the various super hero groups, you could set up several costumes if you were having twins or triplets...or even more than that.

Although the kid might think that it should be a super villain get up instead, as the new sibling usually ends up "stealing" some of the attention from the older one!

That, or you could interpret it as a statement that Superman doesn't *have* a sidekick and needs one--this is where little brother comes in!  :)  Of course, it would just make *me* think of Mr. Incredible and "Incrediboy" or whatever he tried to call himself.  Oops.