Author Topic: Gender Reveal Photo (sigh)  (Read 2723 times)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
Re: Gender Reveal Photo (sigh)
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2014, 07:13:48 PM »
A friend of mine just posted a facebook picture of her son wearing a superman costume and holding a sign saying " Every superhero needs a sidekick! Brother arriving this fall"   
I thought this was cute but not cutesy

Except Superman is one of the superheroes that has no sidekick.  Big brother in a Batman costume with a tiny Robin or Batgirl costume next to him makes a bit more sense...or fill in your favorite Marvel TM superhero's name & sidekick costume instead.  Heck, with the various super hero groups, you could set up several costumes if you were having twins or triplets...or even more than that.

Although the kid might think that it should be a super villain get up instead, as the new sibling usually ends up "stealing" some of the attention from the older one!

That, or you could interpret it as a statement that Superman doesn't *have* a sidekick and needs one--this is where little brother comes in!  :)  Of course, it would just make *me* think of Mr. Incredible and "Incrediboy" or whatever he tried to call himself.  Oops.

But look at what Flash and Violet got for a little brother...flaming demon faced baby (and I'm trying to remember if he had a third power show up - it's been a while since I watched the movie)!  He wasn't sidekick material....

Now, we could go to the Sky High movie universe and wonder if the rules change any....
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Alicia

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2014, 07:17:05 PM »
All those reading too much into the choice of superhuman as the main superhero the older four year old brother loves loves loves superman is why superman not batman or other such superhero. Also superman was involved in the justice league and that had lots of others in it.

purple

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2014, 12:18:59 AM »
Is this a 'thing'?
Is it done often?
What is the purpose of doing it?
You post it on FB, I assume?

Sorry for all the questions.  I don't have any kids, nor do pretty much any of my friends.  I have one friend who is pregnant right now and we are very close and she told me and her mother that she was expecting a girl, but just in normal conversation over a cuppa.  Are things done differently now?

Again, I'm just wondering...... :D

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
    • My Fitness/Singing Blog
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2014, 12:26:36 AM »
I see a lot of my friends (I'm in my 20's) doing this for their baby announcements. They post it on Facebook to make it cute and visually appealing instead of simply typing it. I'm indifferent to it in general; there are certain ones I don't like, but those dislikes are personal preferences.

"To study and practice the goodness of life, the beauty of art, the meaning of music...To speak the words that build, that bless and comfort...And again, to practice./This is to be our symphony."

Deetee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2014, 12:50:54 AM »
These are all nice ideas but there is nothing wrong with simple text and saying that you are "expecting a baby boy this September" That's how most of the announcements on my feed are done. Just the facts.

cutejellybeen

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2014, 08:07:09 AM »
We didnt do a pregnancy announcement or gender reveal on FB (just a baby reveal when she was about a week old) so I have no advice on that front, but I did want to say I'm sorry you are dealing with some gender disappointment in the family. We had that too. When we told DH's grandfather we were having a girl, his response was "Nooooo! What is wrong with you?!". He quickly followed up with congratulations, so I think his daughter gave him a look (it was on the phone). My BIL has three girls and is done. We now have the 4th granddaughter and FIL and GFIL are desperate for boys. I'm still hurt by their responses.

mandycorn

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2014, 04:41:27 PM »
I see it more often from my friends who already love to scrapbook, or post a lot of collage type pictures of their kids, so they do the announcement scrapbook style, save it for the baby book and then post it to facebook at the same time. It seems to be more of a personality thing than an expectation of everyone around here, and most of my friends have multiple babies.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln