Author Topic: Annoying Coworker Pays a Visit  (Read 2929 times)

BeagleMommy

Annoying Coworker Pays a Visit
« on: August 08, 2014, 11:36:57 AM »
Mods, if this belongs in the work folder please move it (I wasn't sure).

BG:  The doors to most of the offices on campus can be opened by either pushing or pulling.  When Annoying Coworker still worked in my office she put a sign on the inside of the door saying "Please Pull the Door" and one on the outside that said "Please Push the Door".  She said it was to prevent people in the hallway from getting hit.  Whatever.  The signs have been fraying so I removed them.  Mostly everyone ignored them because it seems that pushing the door is the most natural around here. End BG

She came to visit someone in the office yesterday and I saw her pointedly staring at the door.  Coming to my window she said "Who took down my signs?"

I replied that I did and she demanded to know why I took them down.  I said "Well, why does it bother you since you don't work here anymore?"

She walked away.

TriCrazy73

Re: Annoying Coworker Pays a Visit
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 11:51:03 AM »
Good response!!!  ;D

Bobbie

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 01:24:05 PM »
Love it!!!  Best post today!!!! :D

SoCalVal

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 12:22:08 PM »
Love it, too.  Some people live for being bothered about something, anything.

TeamBhakta

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 05:12:06 PM »
How rude of you. Those two were going to look nice with the matching set of "Eat", "Flush Toilet" and "Breathe" in her house. Gawd, I bet you also bought the last of her vending machine Doritos and Sheldon Coopered her old parking spot  >:D

SoCalVal

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 10:04:22 PM »
Gawd, I bet you also bought the last of her vending machine Doritos

Did you work for the same company I did?

There was a woman who worked for my company but in a different building so I never witnessed this (but enough other employees, at separate times, told my coworkers and me about this happening).  This employee, at the beginning of each week, would count how many bags of Reese's Pieces were in the vending machine.  She would do this every day as she bought a bag of Reese's Pieces from that vending machine.  If she saw that there were fewer bags than when she last purchased one, she'd have a fit!  Apparently, she felt that no one but her should buy the Reese's Pieces (I don't know what she would do; I think she'd go around asking who bought them).  The woman was just crazy and not a happy person (when she worked in Quality Assurance, which monitored the customer service calls in our call center, she delighted in being able to find something for which to score someone poorly).

goldilocks

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 07:22:54 PM »
why didnt she just bring some from home?

MrTango

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 08:01:36 PM »

There was a woman who worked for my company but in a different building so I never witnessed this (but enough other employees, at separate times, told my coworkers and me about this happening).  This employee, at the beginning of each week, would count how many bags of Reese's Pieces were in the vending machine.  She would do this every day as she bought a bag of Reese's Pieces from that vending machine.  If she saw that there were fewer bags than when she last purchased one, she'd have a fit!  Apparently, she felt that no one but her should buy the Reese's Pieces (I don't know what she would do; I think she'd go around asking who bought them).  The woman was just crazy and not a happy person (when she worked in Quality Assurance, which monitored the customer service calls in our call center, she delighted in being able to find something for which to score someone poorly).

I'd be very tempted to buy out the entire supply, just to see how she reacts to them all being gone.

SoCalVal

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 01:21:15 AM »

I'd be very tempted to buy out the entire supply, just to see how she reacts to them all being gone.

She was a mountain of a woman as I recall (400-500 pounds I think) with a horrid attitude so I don't know if anyone wanted to do battle with her over her precious Reese's Pieces (I think I once asked why she didn't just buy one big bag from the store, and I think someone theorized that she allotted herself one individual size bag per day from the vending machine).

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 10:17:39 AM »
I suppose she started the morning going "today I will not have any Reese's Pieces." Then by mid-day, it became "Must have Reese's Pieces!" But it still doesn't explain why she expected the RPs to be saved just for her.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

SoCalVal

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 01:57:27 PM »
I suppose she started the morning going "today I will not have any Reese's Pieces." Then by mid-day, it became "Must have Reese's Pieces!" But it still doesn't explain why she expected the RPs to be saved just for her.

Just chalk it up to being SS, I guess.  She really expected that everyone in that building should know the Reese's Pieces were there only for *her* to buy.  I think I did also ask why she didn't buy all of the bags at the same time.  I think I was told that she was pacing herself (I think she's just another person who wanted to have something to be mad about).  I didn't talk to her.  She was mean (when I worked in the call center as a rep and she was QA, *I* was the recipient of 1-2 bad reviews from her, and her comments were extreme and mean -- I learned from my supervisor then, when I complained about the reviews, that there was a QA rep who was known for having great joy giving bad reviews so they knew to take them with a grain of salt where she was concerned).