Cucumber Caprese Salad

1 cucumber, peeled, sliced and quartered

2 containers grape tomatoes, quartered

1 tub Mozzarella cheese pearls, drained

dried basil

salt

pepper

olive oil

In medium container, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, and cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Add the dried basil (eyeball it, I don't do exact measurements for the basil), mix well. Drizzle on the olive oil, stir till everything is coated.

TheaterDiva1:
Simple - watermelon, cucumber, cotija cheese (or feta) pepitas, fresh mint, olive oil/lime juice.

doodlemor:
One of my favorite summer salads came about because we were going on a road trip.  I wanted to clear out the fridge, and make food to take along.  I roasted the veggies that needed to be cooked in the oven with garlic and olive oil.  I think that we had roasted green beans, cauliflower, and summer squash.  Then I added chunks/pieces of cucumber, tomato, and onion.  There may have been something else, but it's been awhile. I didn't add any greens, because they tend to wilt once there is dressing on them.

I combined all of the leftover cooked and raw veggies and put an Italian dressing on them.  Then I added a goodly portion of grated parm/romano from a shaker.  This stayed fresh and edible for several days, until we ate it all.

I've done this a lot since.  It is nice to have an actual vegetable salad that can be made the day before an event.  As long as there is no lettuce, the other veggies will last and be better for the marinating.

Mikayla:
I'm still hyping my latest discovery:  broccoli salad.

Dressing

Mayo
Cider Vinegar
Brown Sugar

Ingredients
Broccoli florets
Bacon
Chopped Red Onion
Raisins
Sunflower Kernels

I didn't put amounts in because it's just personal taste.  For an average package of florets, I probably start out with 3/4 cup mayo, a few T of brown sugar and maybe 1/c of vinegar.   

Then add ingredients and play with it.  If you love raisins, put in maybe 3 small boxes.  The kernels maybe half a cup.  I usually put in about 1/3 lb of chopped bacon.

But I keep tasting until I get something I like.  Everyone loves this, including people who aren't fans of broccoli.  Like me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version