Author Topic: Boss's Day....  (Read 3294 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: Boss's Day....
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2014, 09:20:33 AM »
My boss and I have the same birthday and we take each other out to lunch.

Kiara

• My dragons!
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2014, 10:31:37 AM »
To follow up.....I was actually out of the office most of the day, so I missed all the discussions on what to do.  We went with everyone giving $3 to get bagels and a card.   None of the bosses expected anything, so that was nice.

bopper

• Super Hero!
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2014, 10:34:01 AM »
We all signed a card for our boss, and boss said:

"Words cannot express how surprised I was to receive the card today.   I want to say THANK YOU because it is YOU that make this one of the best places to be!  I am glad to be on YOUR team!

And as the great play playwright and poet said

I can no other answer make but thanks, and thanks, and ever thanks...
(William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night)"

We like our boss.

pierrotlunaire0

• I'm the cat's aunt!
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2014, 03:10:26 PM »
^^  Now that is one classy boss.
I have enough lithium in my medicine cabinet to power three cars across a sizeable desert.  Which makes me officially...Three Cars Crazy

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2014, 03:52:10 PM »
My boss put out a request for boss-themed jokes with the winner to be taken to lunch on the boss' dime.
I replied that none of my boss-themed jokes would get through the email filter.

I won the lunch.

As did all the other 14 members of our group.

This would be my way to approach Boss's Day. Make it be about what a boss gives, or owes, to the other people.

I like Bopper's boss, too--no wonder you all signed that card for him (her?).

Biker Granny

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2014, 02:26:49 PM »
My boss is like a big kid so it's fun to do things for him.

We all pitch in for a card and the ingedients for chocolate chip cookies which another employee bakes.

The poor man deals with 22 women every day :o .  The least we can do is give him a cookie. :)

POF

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2014, 02:38:18 PM »
I would never ever expect something for bosses day (  I am the "big boss" ). Every year my assistants put together a dessert buffet in the lunchroom ( I think others help ) and it is terrific.

it ends up being snacked on by all the managers and the staff.  Its very nice.  She also sends me a nice handwritten note - which I appreciate. 

Yes -  I send flowerd on admin day - she loves dramatic arrangements and  Ifound a florist who does craxy exotic plants ! she loves it.

strawbabies

« Reply #37 on: Yesterday at 12:23:13 PM »
I used to have a wonderful boss who gave us mini potted roses on Administrative Professionals Day.  For her, I always got at least a card.  My current boss doesn't seem to even like to acknowledge any appreciation for the admin people, so I'm not doing anything for Boss' Day.

Lynda_34

« Reply #38 on: Yesterday at 10:11:02 PM »
I worked in a place where one person tried to strong arm the subordinates to gift the Administrator and the DON with money and she would put together gift baskets for them.  i didn't donate, maybe cost me my job, i don't know. 
But when I was the "boss" department head or whatever I always gifted my staff, the people I told what to do  with something, a Christmas ornament, a gift card, whatever, i know I made more money than they did and I always felt I should be thanking them.