Author Topic: There's this weird thing I do.....  (Read 8366 times)

Bobbie

There's this weird thing I do.....
« on: August 25, 2014, 04:12:12 PM »
As I am sitting at my desk eating a snickers, I come to the realization that I never eat these in front of anyone.  The reason why is the way I eat a snickers.

1. I bite all the chocolate off
2. I eat the nougat off the bottom
3. I then eat the caramel peanuts section last.

I don't know why I do this, it makes me happy and I, of course, hide it from all because who wants to watch someone deconstruct a snickers in a weird way. ;D 

Does anyone else do things like this.... 

auntmeegs

Re: There's this weird thing I do.....
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 04:17:53 PM »
Yes.  Whenever I eat a Kit Kat, which is very infrequently, really only at Halloween when coworkers bring in the left over candy, but still, I eat it the same way every time.  First I seperate the sections of the Kit Kat.  Then I eat all the chocolate from the sides and the bottom, and then I eat each individual wafer in the stack.  Repeat with the next section. 

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 04:19:14 PM »
Yes!! I have been thinking about starting a thread like this, so thank you for doing it!

I eat Pop-Tarts/toaster pastries by eating the edges off, then the back, then the front with the frosting. I am in my 40s.  :D

Sometimes while I am half asleep in bed, I wiggle my foot or stretch my toes. Does anybody else do this?
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 04:20:55 PM »
Not me, but a friend of DH.  Anytime they have cake for dessert he puts it in a bowl and pours milk over the top of it.  Grosses me out.  Funny thing is that he won't do this at restaurants or other people's houses.

staceym

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 04:22:54 PM »
Sometimes while I am half asleep in bed, I wiggle my foot or stretch my toes. Does anybody else do this?

I don't wiggle or stretch my toes - but in bed, I will lay face down/sideways and then I start moving my leg back and forth across the mattress (good thing I sleep alone  ;D  )  Sometimes I don't even realize I'm doing it.

Bobbie

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 04:23:10 PM »
Yes.  Whenever I eat a Kit Kat, which is very infrequently, really only at Halloween when coworkers bring in the left over candy, but still, I eat it the same way every time.  First I seperate the sections of the Kit Kat.  Then I eat all the chocolate from the sides and the bottom, and then I eat each individual wafer in the stack.  Repeat with the next section.

Sister? ;) This is the exact way I eat a Kit Kat.

I don't so this anymore, but I used to eat all the toppings off the pizza then the cheese then scrap the soft bread and eat the bottom and end crust.  I was a slow eater.

daen

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 04:37:46 PM »
Anyone familiar with Toffifee/Toffifay? www.toffifee.com I have a very specific way of eating those.

I nibble the outer caramel off.
Then I pop the chocolate dot off and eat it.
Then I scrape the nougat off the hazelnut (again with my teeth).
Finally, I eat the hazelnut.

If I do it right, I can spend five minutes eating something I would otherwise dispatch in seconds. Surely that's worth something?

Firecat

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 04:42:22 PM »
Anyone familiar with Toffifee/Toffifay? www.toffifee.com I have a very specific way of eating those.

I nibble the outer caramel off.
Then I pop the chocolate dot off and eat it.
Then I scrape the nougat off the hazelnut (again with my teeth).
Finally, I eat the hazelnut.

If I do it right, I can spend five minutes eating something I would otherwise dispatch in seconds. Surely that's worth something?

I remember these - and that is pretty much how I used to eat them, except that I'd start with the chocolate dot.

LadyDyani

• Freelance Editor
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 04:43:26 PM »
I do the kit kat thing as well, except I take a bite, separate the layers in my mouth, then chew up the whole bite.

Bobbie - How do you eat a snickers like that not make a mess? Not judging, just curious.

As for sleeping weird, I can't go to sleep unless I'm on my right side, but when I go to bed I have to lie on my left side first for a while, then roll over and go to sleep. And I wake up on my back with my left arm above my head.
English doesn't borrow from other languages, it follows them down dark alleys and beats them up and searches their pockets for loose grammar.

Bobbie

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 05:22:54 PM »
By the end of eating the snickers its curling yet not very messy.  If you want to try start with little ones.  :D

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 05:48:00 PM »
Kisses -- I bite the pointy end off then (after swallowing that tiny delicious morsel ;)) pop the rest of the candy in my mouth and position it, de-pointed side up, on the roof of my mouth (it fits perfectly!) and suck/lick the flat side until it's gone.

It makes that small bit of chocolate last so much longer. ;D

zyrs

• spiffily male.
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 06:16:00 PM »
Raw carrots.  I carefully eat off the outer carrot trying to leave the inner root intact and devoid of outer carrot.  Then I eat the inner carrot by itself.

Three Musketeers (before I stopped eating Mars products).  Carefully remove the outer chocolate, then eat the center filling by itself.

camlan

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 06:54:35 PM »
I eat the nutty/caramel side of the Snickers bar first, and then the nougat. I really wish they'd make a candy bar with just the Snickers nougat.

And if I have a slice of layer cake, I eat the cake part first, and then the frosting, cutting carefully around the edges of the cake with my fork. I think I learned this from my mom.
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, Im possible! Audrey Hepburn

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 07:14:35 PM »
Yes!! I have been thinking about starting a thread like this, so thank you for doing it!

I eat Pop-Tarts/toaster pastries by eating the edges off, then the back, then the front with the frosting. I am in my 40s.  :D

I do something like that. I stretch and wiggle until I'm about to get a charley horse, then leave off a bit.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 08:03:06 PM »
I have to remove the pickle spear and the tomato slices from the Chicago dog and eat them separately from the Chicago dog. Not sure why; I just do.