Author Topic: Please sell these tickets for our fundraiser!  (Read 3549 times)

bopper

• Super Hero!
Re: Please sell these tickets for our fundraiser!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 11:52:01 PM »
Remember, your boss has not had luck selling the tix so s/he has foisted them off on you.
I think I would say "Boss, I tried friends and family but unfortunately no one is interested. They already have charities that they support. I wanted to return these to you in case you  or anyone else can sell them."

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 04:28:04 AM »
I volunteer for an organization that sells tickets every year for an annual event.  An email goes out that basically says "Your tickets are in your folders, please sell them or return them back to the volunteer coordinator"  Those who want to sell them, do.  Those that don't, return them. 

Just because your boss gave you tickets doesn't mean you are obligated to purchase or sell them.  Act as you mean to go on.  Return them to your boss and let her know that you won't be participating. 

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 11:16:02 AM »
You could just return the tickets to the manager and tell them that you don't sell things.  I have done this is the past, I will not do sales of this nature.  You are pretty much being asked to hassle friends and family for cash and I think that's way beyond the scope of your job.  They are simply asking too much of you.

That is exactly what I do. i would just give the tickets back and let that be the end of it.

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!