Hostesses With The Mostest > Recipe Requests

Spaghetti Squash

(1/1)

jpcher:
A poster in another thread mentioned that she never thought of putting marinara sauce on spaghetti squash. That got me to wondering what other people do with spaghetti squash? (I didn't want to derail the other thread.)

I've only seen it/served it with either marinara or alfredo sauce. I never thought to do anything different with it. ???

I cut the squash in half (length-wise), sprinkle a bit of olive oil, salt & pepper then place the squash shell side up on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about an hour until the innards are tender. Then I fork-fluff the squash, pulling it all away from the shell. I'll stir the sauce into the squash (marinara on one half, alfredo on the other half), and serve it in the shell.

What do you do with Spaghetti Squash?

PastryGoddess:
I like mine with just oil, salt and pepper.  But I do usually serve it with some kind of pasta sauce

Dazi:
A friend of mine does this delicious combo of stir fried peppers, onions, garlic,  and tomatoes (the tomatoes get added last, just enough to warm) . At the end everything gets tossed with feta cheese,  pitted Greek cured olives, and fresh basil. It is so good.

Someone else I know likes it with a pat of butter,  cinnamon, and a drizzle of real maple syrup.

jpcher:
Thanks for your responses.

So, it sounds like pretty much anything you do with pasta you could do with spaghetti squash. Good to know. This has definitely expanded my horizons.

The butter, cinnamon and maple syrup sounds really good too.

baritone108:
I usually serve it as a side dish with the olive oil, salt and pepper.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version