General Etiquette > Etiquette of the Rich and Famous

Ricky Gervais is *not* a class act

(1/4) > >>

Twik:
Ricky Gervais was apparently shocked - shocked and appalled! - that he received some heat for his suggestion that the victims of the recent celebrity privacy invasion had themselves to blame. Finally, he apologized, in what is, I think, the textbook worst apology ever.

--- Quote ---Dear easily offended people, don't be. Hope that helps. Have a great day :)
--- End quote ---

No, Ricky, I don't think it helps a bit.

TriCrazy73:
I dunno...these days you have to know that even though you delete something on your phone doesn't mean that it is gone forever.  How many of us teach our kids not to post anything on the Internet that you don't want the entire world to see?  I am not blaming the victims but they should know better, honestly.  If you want to take those sort of photos of yourself, fine....but use a camera or something that isn't storing it online.

Yvaine:

--- Quote from: TriCrazy73 on September 03, 2014, 02:40:43 PM ---I dunno...these days you have to know that even though you delete something on your phone doesn't mean that it is gone forever.  How many of us teach our kids not to post anything on the Internet that you don't want the entire world to see?  I am not blaming the victims but they should know better, honestly.  If you want to take those sort of photos of yourself, fine....but use a camera or something that isn't storing it online.

--- End quote ---

Your trust can be betrayed with a lower-tech method of photography too--suppose you take a photo, give your SO the print, break up, and then the SO sells it to the press. The wrongdoer here is the one who stole and leaked the photo.

TriCrazy73:
Exactly.  Which is why I never have nor ever will take a photo like that.  People have to realize the risks of doing that.  It stinks that they got stolen but....hey that is the chance you take!
I am not defending the hacker - - they are lower than scum.

Yvaine:

--- Quote from: TriCrazy73 on September 03, 2014, 03:04:32 PM ---Exactly.  Which is why I never have nor ever will take a photo like that.  People have to realize the risks of doing that.  It stinks that they got stolen but....hey that is the chance you take!
I am not defending the hacker - - they are lower than scum.

--- End quote ---

By the same logic, you shouldn't own anything because it might be stolen, shouldn't have a house because it might be broken into, shouldn't have a body because someone might assault or kill you. The "sex" angle is obscuring what really happened here: someone stole from her and violated her privacy. The principle isn't different just because it's nude pics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version