Author Topic: Soccer players are so helpful!  (Read 991 times)

megswsu

• "You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia"
Soccer players are so helpful!
« on: September 01, 2007, 02:23:23 AM »
So tonight about 10 minutes into my indoor soccer game, I went after the ball in a stupid way and sprained my ankle.  :-\  Needless to say it hurt and I went off the field immediately. Once I had ice on it, this lady who I vaguely knew from a soccer clinic I've frequented, was soooo nice to me. After I let my ankle ice for 20 minutes and I got up to leave, she completely went out of her way to help me out to my car as my teammates were still playing. She first tried having me lean on her, but that was taking waaaay too long and she's a bit smaller than me, so she enlisted the help of 2 guys I'd never met and they carried me to the front of the building. Since my car was a few cars away, and I'm not *that* light, she offered to pull my truck around so the guys didn't have to carry me further. Then made sure I could drive home (luckily it was my left foot and I wasn't driving my stick shift jeep).

Basically 3 essential strangers went out of their way to help me out when I was injured. I was so touched and of course thanked them all profusely. It's good to know there are awesome people out there who go out of their way to help others!  :D