Author Topic: Weddings from Hell: Goth wedding and Guests from Hell: Follow-up  (Read 47395 times)

Ciarrai

Re: Weddings from Hell: Goth wedding and Guests from Hell: Follow-up
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2007, 03:22:37 AM »
She didn't leave a note, let alone two.  What would she have written them on?  More to the point what would she have written them with, her lipstick? 

Am I the only one who carries pens and paper around in her handbag?

Shortcake

« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2007, 09:56:25 AM »
She didn't leave a note, let alone two.  What would she have written them on?  More to the point what would she have written them with, her lipstick? 

Am I the only one who carries pens and paper around in her handbag?

Nope! I carry pen & paper too.
"Carry out a random act of kindness, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you."  Princess Diana

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2007, 10:04:27 AM »
Depending on how big the purse is - I may have only a pen & a single pack of notepaper - although the big purse (or tote bag supplementing a small purse - the tote stays in the car) will have at least one pen (maybe six - might need a different color of ink) and more paper...........I think there are two small notebooks in the current purse and day planner & 5" x 7" legal notepad in the tote bag.............just in case I have a lot of notes to take.........
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

housewife2k

• Super Hero!
  • I want to be a Pirate AND a Ninja!
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2007, 10:37:33 AM »
O often carry pen and paper in my mobile storage trunk purse. However, when I am at a wedding, or another formal/semiformal event, I generally carry a small purse/clutch. I do not have room for pen and paper in it.

Cellardoor14

• caviar and cigarettes... well versed in etiquette
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2007, 11:55:06 AM »
Just my opinion about having weddings in cemeteries.

If the cemetery itself allows you to have your wedding there, then that fine.

However,

My mother's family has a small cemetery on private land with graves dating back to the 1840s. 
It is on private land, in a rather secluded place, with appropriate signs, security, and is obviously not open to the public in any way for any reason.

You would not believe how many people have attempted to use it for various events like, music videos, film projects & raves.  One stunt even had people DIGGING (there are unmarked graves there as well.) on the property & attempting to rearrange headstones.

Even the shiny new padlocks, gates and freshly mowed grass didn't clue folks in that it was not abandoned property.

Family members have now had to remove the original fencing and put in extreme security measures.

So I'm sorry but even I hear of people having wedding in a cemetery environment, my first thought is: You did ask to use the venue, right?

MrsMicah

« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2008, 06:58:04 PM »
I see nothing wrong with getting married how you see fit.  As such, the gal who wrote in the first one probably should be swiftly kicked in the backside for being so snarky about another's choice for a wedding.  Who's to say she's the one to judge for taste?  Other than it not being her personal choice of style, I'm not exactly seeing anything that screams bad etiquette, except the poster's attitude.  All that gal's post did was show she's snarky and really a crappy girlfriend (if she couldn't even face Tay to dump him and would dump him over his choice of friends).  Ugh.

I never did figure out why Jeanne didn't give that poster the boot into etiquette hell.

I was wondering the same thing when I reread it recently (sort-of celebrating my 1-year anniversary with a "look at what didn't go wrong" eHell binge).

It's not quite the same, but it makes me think of someone being shocked to go to a wedding in another country and find out they do it differently. Sari? SHOCK! If the groom thinks the bride looks beautiful and the bride isn't breaking any public decency laws ;) then I think the bride can wear anything from jeans and a t-shirt to goth clothes to a cathedral dress. And the check in a puzzle box was cute!

I'm also amused/saddened by her assumptions about their friends...like she'd need to screen her calls. I've never been a punk or goth, but in college I hung out with a group of punk/goth people and they weren't exactly scary. They might have been a upset about rude notes like that, but would have considered her exit good riddance. Then again, perhaps she deserves to keep screening her calls, just for being so close-minded.

Asharah

« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2008, 10:18:58 PM »
I see nothing wrong with getting married how you see fit.  As such, the gal who wrote in the first one probably should be swiftly kicked in the backside for being so snarky about another's choice for a wedding.  Who's to say she's the one to judge for taste?  Other than it not being her personal choice of style, I'm not exactly seeing anything that screams bad etiquette, except the poster's attitude.  All that gal's post did was show she's snarky and really a crappy girlfriend (if she couldn't even face Tay to dump him and would dump him over his choice of friends).  Ugh.

I never did figure out why Jeanne didn't give that poster the boot into etiquette hell.

I was wondering the same thing when I reread it recently (sort-of celebrating my 1-year anniversary with a "look at what didn't go wrong" eHell binge).

It's not quite the same, but it makes me think of someone being shocked to go to a wedding in another country and find out they do it differently. Sari? SHOCK! If the groom thinks the bride looks beautiful and the bride isn't breaking any public decency laws ;) then I think the bride can wear anything from jeans and a t-shirt to goth clothes to a cathedral dress. And the check in a puzzle box was cute!

I'm also amused/saddened by her assumptions about their friends...like she'd need to screen her calls. I've never been a punk or goth, but in college I hung out with a group of punk/goth people and they weren't exactly scary. They might have been a upset about rude notes like that, but would have considered her exit good riddance. Then again, perhaps she deserves to keep screening her calls, just for being so close-minded.
Did you watch the most recent season of The Amazing Race? Kint & Vyxen, the goth couple, were one of the nicest teams on the race.
Asharah

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2008, 08:06:19 PM »
Cemetery weddings aren't so new. My grandmother was married standing beside her grandfather's stone, and she's far from a young woman.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

goblue2539

• Caffeine makes the world go 'round.
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2008, 08:37:12 PM »
Depending on how big the purse is - I may have only a pen & a single pack of notepaper - although the big purse (or tote bag supplementing a small purse - the tote stays in the car) will have at least one pen (maybe six - might need a different color of ink) and more paper...........I think there are two small notebooks in the current purse and day planner & 5" x 7" legal notepad in the tote bag.............just in case I have a lot of notes to take.........

VorFemme... I didn't know YOU were my mom! ;)

hannahmollysmom

« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2008, 02:43:15 AM »
There is a cemetary in my city with a beautiful foot bridge and fountain. Many couples have their wedding photos taken there.

Chocolate

« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2008, 06:07:35 PM »
What a cool wedding! Hooray for originality! I don't know if the wedding's location was inappropriate. I think that as long as they have permission and are respectful, they can do whatever they want.

NevermoreLenore

« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2008, 05:24:58 PM »
With the exception of holding the wedding in a cemetery, I don't see what could possibly be taken as actually offensive....Just because you don't subscribe to the same styles as another person doesn't mean the other person is horrid. And the idea of the guest leaving a note for the bride is awful!

Also I personally find the idea of having members of both genders in both sides of the wedding party to be an awesome idea. I know I'd love to have a few of my guy friends stand up with my girl friends for me whenever I get married :)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2008, 09:33:29 PM »
Small children needing to be amused QUIETLY - letting them draw with different colored pens usually works...........it is a good idea to keep an eye on them to make sure that they are using the paper that you gave them instead of something else...........

I learned this from MY mother, the preacher's wife.  DH's mother & grandmother used Lifesavers candies as rewards for staying QUIET.  Two or three in an hour worked well......but at twenty-two, he was opening my purse to see if I had any Lifesavers in there.  He seemed to have assumed that ALL women kept peppermint Lifesavers in there. 

He started buying them so that I could keep them in my purse for him.  Oddly enough - they didn't last as long as he expected - as I would have one now and then to keep my mouth moist, my breath fresh, or just because they were THERE!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Asharah

« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2009, 04:52:21 PM »
Have you seen the other goth wedding posted on the blog? They have pictures.
http://www.etiquettehell.com/blog/?p=39
Ehellions know I have no kind thoughts for theme weddings that look more like theatrical productions than the serious sealing of vows a wedding ceremony is supposed to represent.   The overuse of theatrical type make-up and theatrical props to pull off this Goth wedding ceremony puts it way over the edge as one of the worst examples of “wedding theme gone bad” I’ve ever seen.   JH

Bride and gloom: Meet the happy couple behind this goth wedding
By DEBRA KILLALEA - 8th March 2008, Daily Mail

The bride was smiling and the groom looked a picture of happiness.But while this black wedding was a joyous occasion the two newylweds involved have certainly taken the phrase for better or worse to a whole new level.

Childhood sweethearts Julie Williams, 45, and Dylon Holroyd, 49, decided to tie the knot goth style, although judging by the amount of people dressed in black one could be forgiven for thinking they were attending a funeral and not a happy celebration.

Arcade worker Julie, who arrived to the nupitals in a coffin and hearse, said their wedding seemed “like the most natural thing to do.”

Julie, nicknamed Morticia by friends, walked her husband down the aisle with none other than a dog lead and said they decided to tie the knot after first meeting 27 years ago.

“We went our separate ways when we were young, married other people and had children,” she told the Mirror.

“But then we bumped into each other last year and realised we were meant to be together.

“So the first thing I did was put a dog collar around his neck and say ‘It’s taken me this long to get you, I’m not letting you escape now’.”

More than 100 guests attended the register office wedding in Wakefiled, Yorkshire, and Julie’s wedding coffin now takes pride of place as her lounge room coffee table.
I personally liked it better than the Shrek wedding.  ::)
http://www.etiquettehell.com/blog/?p=67
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 04:55:16 PM by Asharah »
Asharah

Frostblooded

« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2009, 08:56:44 PM »
The Shrek wedding and this one are too adorable. Love it! The bit about the dog collar... how sweet!  :D