News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 21, 2017, 08:13:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "You should get rid of these, I don't like them."  (Read 14450 times)

TootsNYC

Re: "You should get rid of these, I don't like them."
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2014, 12:21:38 PM »
Off topic, but the thread reminded me of a post I'd read on another forum.

People were posting about various individuals who didn't like cats and felt it necesary to let us cat owners know it. One woman was told she ought to get rid of her 3 as her house would look better. The writer replied to the complainers that it was a good thing they didn't live there. The complainers replied Well, we have to stay here when visiting family, you know.

The poster responded Actually, you don't.  :)

Nice answer.

Agree--beautiful!

Lady Godiva

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 06:02:55 PM »
I once had a first (and last!) date with a fellow who came to my apartment, saw my cat (Scarlett O'Hara, a calico Maine Coon) and proceeded to lecture me on how cats are filthy, smelly, treacherous, destructive and stupid animals and I should get rid of my cat immediately. He had dropped his jacket on the couch--Scarlett casually walked over and scratched over the jacket as if she were covering something in the litter box. He had no idea how thoroughly he'd been insulted in Feline, and Scarlett was absolutely right!

dawnfire

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 01:06:17 AM »
I once had a first (and last!) date with a fellow who came to my apartment, saw my cat (Scarlett O'Hara, a calico Maine Coon) and proceeded to lecture me on how cats are filthy, smelly, treacherous, destructive and stupid animals and I should get rid of my cat immediately. He had dropped his jacket on the couch--Scarlett casually walked over and scratched over the jacket as if she were covering something in the litter box. He had no idea how thoroughly he'd been insulted in Feline, and Scarlett was absolutely right!
lol and he said cats were stupid
Whittlesea Victoria

catwhiskers

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 12:45:13 PM »
 :o If someone had come to my house and said that to me, the date would have ended right there.