News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 25, 2017, 05:13:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Even my 14 year old nephew can bean dip  (Read 4179 times)

It's good to be Queen

Even my 14 year old nephew can bean dip
« on: December 05, 2014, 08:23:22 AM »
A year or more ago, I explained about bean dipping to my nephew who was trying to end a difficult conversation.  I told him he didn't have to talk about bean dip that he could just bring up his favorite football team and turn the discussion there.  Fast forward to last week, post-Thanksgiving get together and a family discussion is getting a little heated.  He turns to me and says "Got any bean dip Aunt Nin?"  I almost fell off my chair laughing!  and was impressed that he managed to defuse a difficult situation.

NFPwife

Re: Even my 14 year old nephew can bean dip
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 08:36:37 AM »
There's so much to love about this. That he remembered your advice and was willing to implement it is huge; I think my favorite part is that he made it a bit of a private joke between the two of you. What a neat kid.

Mental Magpie

Re: Even my 14 year old nephew can bean dip
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 11:27:01 PM »
There's so much to love about this. That he remembered your advice and was willing to implement it is huge; I think my favorite part is that he made it a bit of a private joke between the two of you. What a neat kid.

Agreed! Way to go on you for teaching him and on him for using it!