News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 22, 2017, 09:57:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No you may not come in (LONG) UPDATED!!!  (Read 80790 times)

LifeOnPluto

Re: No you may not come in (LONG) UPDATED!!!
« Reply #240 on: November 17, 2016, 04:25:20 AM »
Good update OP (and thanks Mods, for allowing her to update).

Sally definitely sounds like she was stuck in the "high school" mentality. I mean, that is a lot of drama!

Wordgeek

• Global Moderator
« Reply #241 on: November 17, 2016, 11:17:11 AM »
I'd just like to clarify that there's no rule against updating a thread.    An update is an update, not gravedigging.  Gravedigging is resurrecting a thread for no real reason.  An update is a reason.

...you may now return to your regularly scheduled discussion.

Raintree

« Reply #242 on: November 18, 2016, 02:09:40 PM »
I'd just like to clarify that there's no rule against updating a thread.    An update is an update, not gravedigging.  Gravedigging is resurrecting a thread for no real reason.  An update is a reason.

Oh good, I was wondering about that. But I'd never heard of gravedigging. At what point is it unacceptable to comment on a thread? What if you're going through old posts for your own entertainment and want to comment? Not that I think I ever do that. Might go back a few weeks at most.

PastryGoddess

« Reply #243 on: November 18, 2016, 02:51:51 PM »

Oh good, I was wondering about that. But I'd never heard of gravedigging. At what point is it unacceptable to comment on a thread? What if you're going through old posts for your own entertainment and want to comment? Not that I think I ever do that. Might go back a few weeks at most.

I think it's once it hits the 120 day mark and the little red disclaimer shows up at the bottom. 

I've never updated a post from that long ago before, so I wanted to ask just to be on the safe side. 

pierrotlunaire0

• I'm the cat's aunt!
« Reply #244 on: November 18, 2016, 03:17:01 PM »

I think it's once it hits the 120 day mark and the little red disclaimer shows up at the bottom. 

I've never updated a post from that long ago before, so I wanted to ask just to be on the safe side.

And what have we learned here?  That Pastry Goddess is a class act, all the way around!
I have enough lithium in my medicine cabinet to power three cars across a sizeable desert.  Which makes me officially...Three Cars Crazy

Wordgeek

• Global Moderator
« Reply #245 on: November 18, 2016, 04:59:50 PM »
It's a common sense thing.  Sometimes longer threads like the special snowflake discussion might go into hibernation mode for a while, then resurface because people want more stories.  Gravedigging is when someone bumps a thread without looking at the date and gives advice on a situation that was resolved months or years ago.