News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 23, 2017, 02:38:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I got Bean DUNKED :D  (Read 4727 times)

NFPwife

I got Bean DUNKED :D
« on: January 13, 2015, 09:59:59 PM »
It was bitterly cold here over the weekend, about 10 - 20 degrees (F) below zero with the windchill. I was talking to in-laws and MIL was saying how cold it was. I asked if they went out to church. Both her and FIL talked right over me (they like to get on the phone extensions at the same time.) I was asking because I was worried that MIL might have had trouble breathing if she was out. I didn't realize I was getting bean dipped; I thought they didn't hear me, so I asked again. Same thing. Talked over me about something different, but related to going out in the cold.

I hung up the phone and DH asked if they went to church, I said, "I don't know. They bean DUNKED me."

TeamBhakta

Re: I got Bean DUNKED :D
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 10:06:21 PM »
Well, maybe they had a good reason. They both ate bad pork and didn't make it to church. They skipped church to play scrabble. They didn't have enough gas money. They've recently decided to change churches because of something scandalous. They've fallen for a new deity / guru of said new deity. Who knows

NFPwife

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 10:12:04 PM »
I don't care if they missed church. I was just making conversation. When MIL said it was so cold out, she seemed to be giving a first person account which led to my, "Oh, did you go out for church." I wasn't asking in a fishing/ judgy way, but they apparently didn't want to talk about it/ tell me.

(And they do have good reasons, my MIL has health problems, especially in extreme weather, and FIL has some mobility issues and I wouldn't have wanted him out in icy conditions.)

JeanFromBNA

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 04:12:21 PM »
My MIL does that to me when she doesn't want to answer a question. 

JenAnn

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 09:44:22 AM »
Oh, that's funny!  At least you finally realized it.   :P 

They might feel a bit guilty skipping because of the weather (not that they should), and for that reason don't want to talk about it.