I love this granola bar recipe. it tastes very much like the nature valley ones and also they are very versatile - you can add or substract stuff as you want. i also put in much less sugar than it calls for, but don't skimp on the honey cause that's what holds it together.
Granola bars from allrecipe.com http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Granola-Bars-III/Detail.aspx
* 2 cups quick cooking oats
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 3/4 cup raisins
* 1/2 cup wheat germ
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 cup chopped English walnuts
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 1/2 cup honey
* 1 egg
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper, and spray with vegetable oil spray.
2. In a large bowl, stir together oats, flour, brown sugar, raisins, wheat germ, salt, cinnamon, and walnuts. In a smaller bowl, thoroughly blend oil, honey, egg, and vanilla; pour into the flour mixture, and mix by hand until the liquid is evenly distributed. Press evenly into the prepared baking pan.
3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are golden. Cool completely in pan before turning out onto a cutting board and cutting into bars