News:

• April 19, 2018, 01:23:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Talk about controlling...  (Read 50403 times)

Outdoor Girl

Re: Talk about controlling...
« Reply #180 on: January 23, 2015, 12:51:32 PM »
I'm very particular about laundry and loading the dishwasher.  Should I ever find myself living with someone, I would volunteer to do those tasks so they could be done to my specifications, with the trade off being that my partner/roommate would do equivalent time tasks where I couldn't care less how they got done as long as they were done.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

greencat

• Trap...Neuter...What was that third thing again?
Re: Talk about controlling...
« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2015, 12:57:23 PM »
I don't have a lot of white clothes either - I tend to wash everything together, and then once a month or so gather the few white things into a single load and bleach them so they stay more or less white.
Bleach doesn't keep things white but blueing does. I wash my blue and white stuff together and add blueing. It prevents the pit stains and yellowing that happens to whites.

I have the opposite problem, in that my whites get turned a bit blue (more rarely, pink) from my other clothes, so bleach is the optimum whitener for me.  I've never actually had whites yellow, or get pit stains for that matter - I don't sweat enough for that.