News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• September 25, 2017, 09:07:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Public apology required? -- Update at #38  (Read 14525 times)

Peppergirl

Re: Public apology required? -- Update at #38
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2015, 12:50:42 PM »
Her incredible lack of self-awareness isn't shocking at all, but to see it typed out, I sat and shook my head sadly anyway. 

Sometimes it's great when the trash takes itself out, ain't it?  >:D

Ceallach

• This Is It
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2015, 03:30:00 PM »
If I had been a fellow guest I definitely would have been angry at the implication one of us had stolen from her (or did she think a stranger had wandered in and robbed the home of just one coat?!).   But really afterwards I would feel pity more than anything else.  An apology in this case would just make me feel bad for not accepting it - because I would never ever spend time with this person again regardless of how they attempted to make up for their behavior!

It seems all's well that end's well.   I am curious to know if she ever re appears again though.  It sounds like more of a flounce away than a shrink away in shame!
"Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something"

ezbliss

« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2015, 04:16:51 PM »
It sounds like more of a flounce away than a shrink away in shame!

Exactly what I was thinking.

rose red

« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2015, 04:27:40 PM »
Minor Update

I was at the hostess' home last night for a smaller party and heard the following:

Shortly after the defriending, Nasty Guest contacted a mutual FB friend who had also been at the Super Bowl party.  She asked why she was defriened and was told the reason.  The other woman then told her verbally she was defriending her over the same issue.  Before she had a chance to do so, Nasty Guest closed her FB account.

Someone else at last night's party said that Nasty Guest's page was full of negative stuff as in "nobody loves me" and "It's the end of the world" and he said "I've got too many problems of my own to deal with her negativity."

Someone else who is a member of the Meetup group told her she should oust Nasty Guest and ban her.  Everyone else agreed and nobody thinks she will show her face among us again.

Gee. I wonder why? ::) >:D

Venus193

• Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2015, 05:40:51 PM »
It more than annoys me when people are allowed to get away with this kind of stuff.  If I recognize her Meetup profile correctly she is in other groups I belong to; we'll see if she turns up.

I have no idea who would address her lack of self-awareness and who could succeed at it.  But narcissists typically can't be called out on their shortcomings because they don't believe they have any.