Author Topic: I've been dying to tell people...  (Read 4826 times)

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
Re: I've been dying to tell people...
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2007, 10:47:40 PM »
As someone from a military family who is married to a military retiree, I just wanted to say thank you for all you do. 

BettyP

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2007, 12:38:54 PM »
Darling Hubby was in the first Gulf War and this story always gets to me. Prepare and have a kleenix...

He and a group of guys from his ship were on a one day leave in Israel. An older gentleman, elegantly dressed, approached Darling Hubby and asked if they were Americans. At the affirmative, the gentleman invited Darling Hubby and his other six mates to have pizza and beer on him. During the boisterous meal, Darling Hubby asked the older gentleman why he would do this for a group of strangers from another country. Gentleman's response:

"I was in a concentration camp. Your countrymen saved my life when they freed the camp. So, to thank them and their memory, every time I see American service people, I buy them a meal to commemorate the meals I can now have."

To all of the military, this military wife says "Thank you." The sacrifices you all make are so great, the words will never be enough. My Darling Hubby no longer serves, but we try to say "thank you" every time we can through buying meals, saying "thank you," or giving a lost soldier a lift back to base. Wee Child has decided that he wants to become a soldier, specifically a SEAL. I only hope people treat him as we've heard about them treating others.

AnnaB

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2007, 12:48:29 PM »
Prepare and have a kleenix...

Very true.  This was beautiful and touching.  Thank you for sharing it.

And, this fellow American says "Thank you" as well - to both you and your sweet husband.