News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• September 19, 2017, 08:51:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not sure if I used it right?  (Read 3371 times)

LilacGirl1983

Not sure if I used it right?
« on: February 19, 2015, 05:23:20 PM »
Hi ladies. I used this today online and not sure if I used it right. My daughter is involved with a certain activity that sells X. I am sure if you think about it its fairly obvious this time of the year. I posted on facebook for sale sites to pm me if they were interested in X and I would have my daughter (6) to contact them so she would still be doing the sale. I didnt post that we usually use this as a jumping board and go door to door in the same neighborhood as the person who is interested. I got a comment on my post

"On all fairness you should be taking her to friends and families houses and neighbors houses to sell. I believe in them working for this. My Granddaughter is doing that and the same goes for Y"

I posted interesting assumption and left it at that. And pmd the other ladies who said they were interested. dr5678ikm

Harriet Jones

• Yes, we know who you are.
Re: Not sure if I used it right?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 05:29:17 PM »
I think you were fine.  I don't know if they do it in your area/council, but plenty of organizations (including Girl *and* Boy Scouts) have websites specifically set up for online ordering, which is done in addition to booth sales and going door-to-door.

katycoo

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 06:11:17 PM »
I'd have probably gone with a more express response of "Who said I'm not?"

EllenS

• I write whimsical vintage mysteries.
    • My Author Page:
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 08:07:16 PM »
I'd just delete the comment.

NFPwife

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 08:58:59 AM »
I'd just delete the comment.

Me too. If I was leaving it up, I'd say, "Thanks for pointing that out to me."

magicdomino

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 12:56:16 PM »
Some of us are deprived, with no X sellers in our neighborhood.  Giving us an opportunity to purchase the thin wonders that are mint-flavored X is doing us a favor.   ;)

I'm rarely home to answer the door anyway. 

Deetee

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 09:32:11 AM »
I would just delete.
My daughter was in Girl Guides and I refused to sell door to door. I don't like the idea of guilting our neighbours into buying.So I posted on Facebook and took a box with me to classes and let people approach me. I disagree that there is some inherent value in learning to sell door to door so I think that woman is doubly wrong.