News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 24, 2017, 06:35:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Couldn't Think of Anything Else  (Read 2161 times)

Adelaide

Couldn't Think of Anything Else
« on: June 09, 2015, 03:38:43 AM »
Panera has a new table service, where they give you a beeper, you put it on your table, and servers can see where to bring your food. I ordered a bowl of lemon orzo soup and an apple, nothing else. A man brought over half of a panini and a salad with a baguette and said "Here you go!" To which I replied "Oh, that's not mine" and he said "What? That's not what the pager system says". When he tried to put the food down I managed to reply "Um, I ordered lemon orzo soup and an apple" and he put his hands on his hips and condescendingly said "Are you sure?" as if the words "Half a panini, half a salad, and a baguette" had escaped my mouth instead, like some real-world autocorrect. It was surreal and I couldn't think of anything else to say. when he went around and checked (leaving the food with me!) I managed to fish out my receipt and dumbly place it out. He took it and someone else brought my actual order.

Margo

Re: Couldn't Think of Anything Else
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 07:26:43 AM »
I think when he said "are you sure" then the answer "Yes, quite sure" or "Yes, as I saod, my order is for soup and an apple" would have been appropriate.

You would also have been fine to say "Plaese don't leave that here, it isn't my food" when he went to check.