News:

• April 24, 2018, 10:41:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Friend admonishing my child  (Read 77604 times)

flyersandunicorns

• Orange Crush
  • Up Above The Ropes
    • Love Moonsaults - Livejournal
Re: Friend admonishing my child
« Reply #225 on: June 15, 2016, 04:59:40 PM »
Students both young and old work in study groups to enhance their learning, you cannot just depend on your own memory and books all of the time or you lose out on a lot of valuable information. Seeking information by asking for help doing so is a powerful tool and nobody is "too old" for that! Let alone thinking that by asking for assistance with some homework means you cannot stay home alone without supervision.

If asking for help meant we needed supervision at all times, my goodness we'd all need to have handlers for our handlers!

Minmom3

• Life moves onward and upward
« Reply #226 on: June 15, 2016, 05:33:55 PM »
I think rather than having permission to boot 'friend' out the door, OP's DD needs to just keep the door locked and on the bolt or chain so 'friend' can't come in in the first place when OP isn't at home!  I can't imagine that woman would react well to DD asking her to leave...  Easier all around to just not let her IN!  "Sorry, I'm no longer allowed to have anybody in if Mom isn't here!  There've been some issues..."  "Nope, not even you"  {Especially not even you, but the DD doesn't need to verbalize that...}
Double MIL now; not yet a Grandma.  Owner of Lard Butt Noelle, kitteh extraordinaire!

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
« Reply #227 on: June 15, 2016, 11:49:38 PM »
Sophia, that makes sense! In that case I completely agree with you :)

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice