News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 24, 2017, 06:33:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "For Members Only?"  (Read 4010 times)

Lillie82

"For Members Only?"
« on: September 04, 2015, 08:56:05 PM »
I notice that there are some threads, especially under Coffee Break, (Entertainment and News, for example), that aren't even visible if I am browsing the site on any computer where I'm not signed in as a member.

pattycake

Re: "For Members Only?"
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 09:40:03 PM »
Yes, that is correct. I think it says that at the top of the home page if you aren't signed in that you won't have access to all the site.

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 11:13:27 PM »
I think some of that might be so members can feel comfortable revealing more private things about their lives, such as the topics that are the bread and butter of I Need A Hug or Good News.

Vita brevis, ars longa

Otterpop

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 11:06:15 PM »
I can no longer see "Time for a Coffee Break" or "I need a Hug" in the index even though I'm a registered member.   The only way I can access those groups is if there is a new post in a thread I commented in.

Any ideas why?

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 06:05:21 AM »
I can no longer see "Time for a Coffee Break" or "I need a Hug" in the index even though I'm a registered member.   The only way I can access those groups is if there is a new post in a thread I commented in.

Any ideas why?

I checked your member settings in your profile and I don't see any reason why this would be happening.  Have you checked your notifications in your profile?

Otterpop

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 09:50:52 AM »
Thank you for the reply Ehelldame.  I just checked but there are no notifications that I can see.  What happens is "I need hug" and "Time for a coffee break" don't appear in my index like they used to.  I can only check replies to my posts to see the threads I've already commented on.

I can get to "Time for a coffee break" by clicking on the navigation point in this thread tree:  Etiquettehell>>a civil world.  Off topic discussions on a variety of subjects.  Guests register for forum membership to see all boards.>> Time for a coffee break!  But this is only after checking replies to my posts.  If there are no new posts, no access.

It just doesn't appear on the board.  Am I looking in the right place?

Perfect Circle

• Birdie in the hand for life's rich demand
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 10:58:20 AM »
Have you accidentally clicked on the title bar of that part of the forum? If you have the title still towards the bottom of the forum you can click on that and all the boards will appear again in your view.

I've done it several times. That's how I know  ;)
There's a secret stigma, reaping wheel.
Diminish, a carnival of sorts.
Chronic town, poster torn, reaping wheel.
Stranger, stranger to these parts.

Otterpop

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 07:41:02 PM »
Have you accidentally clicked on the title bar of that part of the forum? If you have the title still towards the bottom of the forum you can click on that and all the boards will appear again in your view.

I've done it several times. That's how I know  ;)

Hahahaha!!! That was it.  Now we're back in business.  Thank you!