News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 22, 2017, 09:59:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Friend keeps on forgetting bus fare...  (Read 12618 times)

bopper

Re: Friend keeps on forgetting bus fare...
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2015, 08:21:30 AM »
But it is not ridiculous to him...it keeps working!

Mergatroyd

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2015, 09:21:20 AM »
When I was younger and I drove but my boyfriend did not, he thought it was great to have me as a chauffeur and would even lie about having forgotten something somewhere so that we would go drive around in my car. I finally put an end to it the night I left an awesome dance to drive him and his friend to "pick up friends asthma medication" and they giggled all the way there and kept suggesting more stopoffs. I kicked them out and went back to the dance.
Moral of the story, even if he is interested in you and generous in front of others, do not become his chauffeur, you'll never know if he wants to be with you or just doesn't want to take the bus or walk.

Ceallach

• This Is It
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2015, 03:04:20 PM »
But it is not ridiculous to him...it keeps working!

Does it?  The OP has never given him the money nor driven him.     We don't know whether others have or not.   Although I agree it must work occasionally otherwise it's bizarre that he keeps trying!
"Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something"